Dale McLaughlin, an owner of Zaycon Foods in Spokane, delivers an order Monday in Maple Valley. Amid soaring meat prices, the company keeps costs low by purchasing in bulk and delivering directly to customers from the back of a truck in the parking lots of churches, bowling alleys and the like.
PROS AND CONS: Voters are being asked to increase sales taxes and car-tab fees to fund transit and roads. Read each side.
- UPDATE - 05:48 PM Crew told passengers of sinking S. Korea ferry to stay put
- Boeing managers warn of ‘disastrous’ jobs fallout
- UPDATE - 05:27 PM SPD chief finalists all from out of state
- UPDATE - 05:12 PM UW's Stringfellow pleads guilty to assault of Hawks fans
- UPDATE - 05:37 PM Sidney Rice re-signs with Seahawks
- LIVE Game thread: M’s at Rangers
UPDATE - 05:48 PM Pro-Russian gunmen make inroads in eastern Ukraine
UPDATE - 03:55 PM Lost sea lion in California found mile from water
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 03:53 PM Alt-rock’s Switchfoot still savors surfing | Concert preview
NEW - 04:16 PM Hari Kondabolu returns to work on new material, April 24-25
He comes from a place where obligations to family and community, not individual ambitions, shape a life.Krista Bremer, guest column: "When you're a white American married to a minority Muslim"
- NEW - 12:00 AM Editorial: Another bill for the state comes due, this one for in-home care providers
- Editorial: Rodney Tom leaves legacy of bipartisanship in Olympia
- The problem with taxing bicyclists in Seattle
- NEW - 05:38 PM Guest: Consider health insurance in minimum-wage debate