While the digging machine awaits repairs, there's plenty of other work being done on the Highway 99 tunnel project. Above, workers remove temporary concrete liner rings and reconfigure the Sodo pit for construction of the tunnel's double-decker highway. Work also is under way on an operations building as well as the tunnel's north portal near Seattle Center.
UPDATE - 09:45 AM
Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia plane
Vietnamese air force planes today spotted two large oil slicks near where a Boeing 777 went missing, the first sign that the jet carrying 239 people had crashed.
- King County hosts ten health insurance enrollment events this Saturday, March 8 | Seattle/Local Health Guide
- West Seattle traffic alert: 4 nights of 99 closures next week to finish 'Timber Bridge' project | West Seattle Blog
- Update: Lynnwood Police still looking for owners of recovered stolen property | Lynnwood Today
- With spring-like weather comes solicitors | Magnolia Voice
- Capitol Hill: land of special bathrooms -- Toilet tour planned for Saturday | Capitol Hill Seattle Blog
I found it easier to find health violations at my neighborhood restaurant than about problems at my kid's child-care center.Jonathan Martin, column: "Make child care transparent for parents"
- Editorial: SAT reforms welcome, but questions persist about test
- Editorial: Premera shrouds transparency
- UberX, Lyft and Sidecar finally reveal driver numbers in Seattle
- How the U.S. can lead on technological innovation