Ayanda Chisholm, center, raises her hands with members of the crowd at Pratt Park in Seattle’s Central District as they chant, “Hands up, don’t shoot.” About 100 people attended the NAACP Seattle King County's gathering Thursday in solidarity with Ferguson, Mo., over the shooting of an unarmed black teen by a white police officer.
UPDATE - 06:32 AM
Grizzlies may return to North Cascades
Nearly 40 years after grizzly bears were declared threatened, the federal government is starting to look at ways to restore the species in Washington.
- Kent slaying suspect alleges racial slurs led to shooting
- Feds limit availability of painkiller hydrocodone
- In retrial, former Medina police chief loses discrimination case
- Pot buses draw ire from state transportation panel
- Seattle architecture firm Callison bought by Dutch giant
- 6 things to watch for in Seahawks’ game against Bears
UPDATE - 06:11 AM Mud, slides close roads, trap motorists in Okanogan County
UPDATE - 06:17 AM Alaska serial killer Robert Hansen dies at 75
NEW - 06:00 AM Daily Rant&Rave: Tame that overgrown yard
UPDATE - 06:37 AM Ukraine: Russian aid convoy is a 'direct invasion'
NEW - 06:04 AM 6 soldiers hurt by lightning strike at Fort Drum
Entertainment & Living
NEW - 06:02 AM Free Seattle concert series anchored by Parnassus Project
NEW - 06:15 AM Voronin steps out of the mist to return to Teatro ZinZanni
NEW - 05:15 AM Enter the DIY contest: Make a newsprint masterpiece
Patients are routinely forced through a maze of bureaucratic review procedures to get authorization for treatment...Sean Corry, Eleanor Hamburger, guest column: "Enforce state's mental-health parity law"
- Editorial: FEMA should help Okanogan County rebuild after wildfires
- Editorial: Help parents help their children with school-supply drive
- UPDATE - 06:33 AM Superman reaches stratosphere as Action Comics No. 1 hits $2 million mark on eBay
- End state law that criminalizes mental health patients | Jonathan Martin / Times editorial columnist
UPDATE - 06:37 AM Yellen speech awaited for any hint on rate timing