From left, Mariah Vlach, Logan England and Jon Aguilar, standing on their paddleboards, watch a swimmer plunge from the ramp above into the water at Washington Park Arboretum in Seattle on Monday. Seattle reached 87 degrees, well above the average for Sept. 15. But meteorologists forecast cooler temperatures for the rest of the week.
Amazon.com shares spiraled down in July after a financial report showed larger-than-expected spending on cloud computing. But profit pressure from Amazon Web Services isn't tapering.
- Seattle Housing Authority plan for raising rents worries tenants
- Tribal family faces hurdles in quest to build casino in Bremerton
- Mayor Murray seeks new office to enforce $15 wage
- Native mask that inspired Seahawk’s logo may visit Seattle
- Coach Pete Carroll says Seahawks will make fixes
- M's fall two behind Kansas City after 8-1 loss to Angels
UPDATE - 12:24 AM First U.S. airstrike in expanded Iraq fight
UPDATE - 01:06 AM Philippines warns of possible volcanic eruption
UPDATE - 01:14 AM Thai police hunt for killer of 2 British tourists
UPDATE - 02:03 AM Afghan suicide bomber kills 3 foreign troops
UPDATE - 02:03 AM Weakening Odile pushes up Mexico's Baja California
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 01:54 AM Vikings bring back Peterson despite abuse charge
UPDATE - 02:03 AM GM expert says 19 deaths eligible for compensation