NICOLE & CO. | Paul MacKay, a fixture on the Seattle dining scene for decades, opened and managed renowned local spots like El Gaucho, The Metropolitan Grill and 13 Coins. Soon, he will be simply a diner. He's retiring after five decades in the restaurant business.
Workers behind the machine have started building the double-decker Highway 99 roadway at the Sodo end.
- Bellevue’s Concur sold to SAP for $8.3B
- UPDATE - 12:39 PM Nordstrom opens first store in Canada
- Inner-tube robber ‘D.B. Tuber’ now free, warning about life of crime
- Mayor’s plan would ensure work goes to poor, jobless in Seattle
- Two children are first cases of Enterovirus in the state
- UPDATE - 02:09 PM France bombs Islamic State group's depot in Iraq
- UPDATE - 02:10 PM Goodell: ‘Same mistakes can never be repeated’
UPDATE - 01:37 PM Birth control a few clicks away: But will app discourage exams?
UPDATE - 02:12 PM After vote to stay in UK, Scots must heal divide
NEW - 02:21 PM General: Airstrikes tougher as militants blend in
UPDATE - 01:42 PM Ig Nobel winner: Using pork to stop nosebleeds
UPDATE - 01:42 PM NOAA: Yet more global heat records fall in August
Entertainment & Living
In fact, the most important issue — the risk to human life — is not explicitly considered in routine landslide-hazard assessments.Joseph Wartman, guest column: "How to avert the next Oso landslide disaster"
- Editorial: The Times recommends Jeanne Kohl-Welles, Reuven Carlyle and Gael Tarleton in the 36th District
- Editorial: How the Ray Rice incident can help stop domestic violence
- Does Seattle feel richer this year than last?
- Take a tour with 'da mayor' of Seattle Dick Falkenbury
UPDATE - 02:11 PM Sounders sign Nigerian defender Onyekachi Apam
UPDATE - 02:12 PM As Wall Street watches Alibaba, stocks drift