In this photo provided by Conservative MP Nina Grewal, members of Parliament barricade themselves in a meeting room on Parliament Hill in Ottawa after shots were fired in the building. A gunman fatally shot a Canadian soldier standing guard at the nation's war memorial, then stormed Parliament in a hail of gunfire before he was killed by the usually ceremonial sergeant-at-arms.
If I-591 passes along with I-594, which would expand background checks, the issue could go to the courts.
- Seattle drivers seeing red as bus-only lanes installed
- Hey, we’re world class! For terrible traffic | Danny Westneat
- Complaints mounted against sheriff’s civilian watchdog
- UPDATE - 05:10 PM Blackwater guards found guilty in Iraq shootings
- UPDATE - 04:46 PM Boeing shares fall on worries about 787 costs, cash flow
- Secret Service agents sent to deal with personal dispute
- Don’t expect Carroll to change form on reclamation projects | Jerry Brewer
NEW - 04:53 PM Judge: March trial for mentally ill in jails case
NEW - 04:23 PM Little bear goes shopping in Oregon Rite Aid drug store
UPDATE - 05:07 PM 2 dead in shooting attack at Canada's Parliament
UPDATE - 04:54 PM Princess in cockfighting case gets probation
UPDATE - 05:11 PM US to track everyone coming from Ebola nations
UPDATE - 04:16 PM Huge gold nugget going up for sale in California
Entertainment & Living
- The Flavorful Four: Vote for your favorite Halloween candy
Inmates' families should not be taxed to stay in touch. That is a clear example of public policies being at cross-purposes: short-term revenue gained at the expense of long-term recidivism.Editorial: "FCC right to scrutinize exorbitant prison phone fees"
UPDATE - 03:02 PM Blocks and books: Tutoring fullback helps Cleveland’s revival
NEW - 05:05 PM AutoNation pays $107M for Barrier Motors dealership sites
UPDATE - 04:36 PM Online home broker Redfin acquires walkability data site