STEVE RINGMAN / THE SEATTLE TIMES
The Seattle Times Fund For The Needy benefits 12 agencies that help the hungry, homeless and vulnerable. Throughout the fall and winter, The Times is sharing how the organizations make a difference in the lives of thousands and the impact donors can make.
UPDATE - 11:32 AM
Scientists may crack mystery of 1872 quake
USGS scientists think they’ve discovered the fault responsible for an 1872 earthquake that was one of Washington’s largest.
- UPDATE - 01:12 PM Obama announces Hagel resignation from Pentagon
- UPDATE - 01:12 PM Reports: Ferguson grand jury has reached decision
- State AG: Police don't need consent to record with body cams
- Mariners, Kyle Seager reportedly agree to 7-year, $100M extension
- Team meeting produces a unified effort by Seahawks | Jerry Brewer
UPDATE - 11:07 AM 7 cars stolen from Edmonds used car dealer
UPDATE - 12:38 PM Flood watch issued for Western Wash.; heavy rains through holiday
- Daily Rant & Rave: Give 90-year-old man his cane back
UPDATE - 01:04 PM Fears of major flooding in snowbound Buffalo ease
UPDATE - 12:45 PM Police shooting in housing project ruled homicide
UPDATE - 01:12 PM Police: Video of officer shooting boy is 'clear'
UPDATE - 11:03 AM UK: 'Severe' terror threat requires new powers
UPDATE - 12:54 PM Driver fatigue may have caused California crash
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 12:50 PM In wake of Spotify pullout, music industry debates streaming
All that's left is for Gov. Jay Inslee to show his hand, and avoid being just another act following what's now recalled as a killer performance.Robert J. Vickers column: "Is Gov. Jay Inslee an absentee governor or a patient strategist?"
- Editorial: Mayor Murray’s smart move to entice foreign trade to Seattle
- Bill Cosby, serial rapist? That’s a lot to forgive
- Guest: How Alaska bucked the trend of salmon loss — but that’s in jeopardy
- Is Gov. Jay Inslee an absentee governor or a patient strategist? | Robert J. Vickers / Times editorial columnist
UPDATE - 11:23 AM Got a good Apple Cup joke? Share them here
UPDATE - 01:12 PM Automakers aim to drive away car computer hackers
UPDATE - 11:50 AM US stocks inch further into record territory
UPDATE - 12:51 PM Budweiser gives Clydesdales holiday pink slip
- ‘Battle in Seattle’ and the WTO legacy | Jon Talton
- Espresso maker for a mere $7,000 | Sunday Buzz