ABOVE: Trae Hanan, 7, feels the baby in his mom Krista Hanan’s belly during her appointment with Dr. Rob Epstein, of Family Medicine of Port Angeles. “If you're not a kid or not pregnant, there are pretty much no physicians taking patients,” Epstein says of the provider shortage in his area.
LEFT: Dr. Epstein walks down a clinic hall. Doctors at Family Medicine are seeing as many as 25 patients a day. The solution, he said, is better recruitment of rural doctors.
But scientists remain skeptical of the value warnings might have for Pacific Northwest earthquakes.
- 5 more Seattle schools get cameras to spot speeders
- UPDATE - 08:56 AM Warmest July-August on record in Seattle
- UPDATE - 09:11 AM Politico founder to be Washington Post publisher, Bezos announces
- 3 Americans detained in North Korea plead for help
- Seattle colleges attract international students
- UPDATE - 09:08 AM Inquiries begin into nude celebrity photo leaks from Apple's iCloud
- Suspension over, Huskies QB Miles gets nod to start
- UPDATE - 07:21 AM True grit: Thomas, Maxwell and what might be ‘key ingredient’ for Hawks
UPDATE - 09:11 AM Infamous speed trap town investigated over tickets
UPDATE - 09:14 AM Surrogate offers clues into man with 16 babies
UPDATE - 09:14 AM Report accuses Islamic State group of war crimes
UPDATE - 09:14 AM Syrian rebels issue demands for captive UN troops
UPDATE - 09:08 AM Burning Man festival draws peak crowd of 66,000
UPDATE - 08:35 AM Clashes between Islamists, rivals in Libya kill 31
UPDATE - 09:11 AM Marijuana's hazy contribution to highway deaths
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 09:08 AM 'Guardians' tops Labor Day, summer box office
UPDATE - 09:11 AM Netflix unveils new way to share recommendations
Most kids head back to school next week, but more can be done to help children from poor families get ready for the challenges of a new year.Editorial: "Still time to help students with school-supply drive"
- Editorial: Joe Fain, Pat Sullivan and Chris Barringer in 47th Legislative District
- Editorial: Thank you for helping students with school-supply drive
- Seattle's new police chief is an empathetic multitasker, but far from naive
- Times poll: 84 percent support elephant-exhibit closure
UPDATE - 09:11 AM US stock market wavers in morning trading
- A bright spot for labor as tough times remain | Jon Talton
- Drone groan: first Amazon — and now Google | Brier Dudley