PACIFIC NW MAGAZINE: Beyond our cool exterior beats the heart of the passionately odd. Above, LaMont M. Grodeck, a homeless-veterans advocate, rides down Main Street in Auburn's annual Veterans Day parade on Coco, a “horse” with a spring mechanism that causes it to move forward.
Investigators are looking into an allegation that a King County sheriff's deputy helped his wife work as a prostitute and used the county's computer system to check her clients' backgrounds, sources said.
- UPDATE - 11:33 AM Anger, questions about sharp turn, ferry's captain
- UPDATE - 11:33 AM At least 12 Nepalese guides killed in avalanche on Everest
- UPDATE - 11:32 AM Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Next stop: The vote on tax for transit
- State’s startups pull in big piles of venture capital
- Viewers sad to hear of KOMO anchor Dan Lewis’ retirement
UPDATE - 11:32 AM Ukraine insurgents reject call to quit buildings
UPDATE - 11:30 AM Cyber cops: Target hackers may take years to find
UPDATE - 11:34 AM Late sign-ups improve outlook for Obama health law
Entertainment & Living
NEW - 10:15 AM Cannes Film Festival lineup announced
NEW - 10:28 AM In India, where sacred rivers converge | Destinations
Some advocates for a $15-per-hour minimum wage in Seattle oppose including health-care benefits because the benefits don't pay the rent. That's shortsighted.Dave Gering, guest column: "Consider health insurance in minimum-wage debate"
- UPDATE - 11:34 AM Editorial: Reject pot scare tactics, like drug-dog patrols at Roosevelt High School
- Editorial: Surveying the future and preserving the past at the Green Mountain lookout
- Turn the Missouri man free
- Guest: Consider health insurance in minimum-wage debate
UPDATE - 11:33 AM Huskies unveil new uniforms (photos)
UPDATE - 11:27 AM Did you catch the Sounders reference on NBC's 'Parks and Recreation'?