FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Hello Las Vegas Bowl. Or maybe its greetings Cactus Bowl. At any rate the Huskies can begin contemplating their holiday travel plans after Saturday's victory made them bowl eligible. Above, UW’s Dwayne Washington rushes 68 yards for a TD.
UPDATE - 10:08 PM
Ferries operations director fired
The operations director for Washington State Ferries, on leave and under investigation since July, confirmed late Saturday that he has been fired.
- Student convicted in fatal Des Moines crash deported
- As heroin fatalities rise, some see hope in ‘bupe’
- Program shields landlords willing to rent to the homeless
- Metro fined over restroom issues for bus drivers
- Thanksgiving travel? Plan ahead, pack your patience
- Immigration speech the high point of Obama’s presidency | Danny Westneat
- Zoo to elephant activists: You wanted them moved, right? | The Wrap / Ron Judd
UPDATE - 10:56 PM 37 homes collapse, dozens injured in Japan quake
Entertainment & Living
The focus for all lawmakers should be to ensure that new investment in education is tied to a demonstrable reversing of disappointing outcomes for students.Editorial: "Voters have returned a delicate balancing act to Olympia"
- Editorial: I-1351 complicates mission to help homeless students
- Editorial: President Obama did what Congress would not and acted on immigration
- Guest: Don’t be quick to bash rail — an engine of the economy
- Guest: Fund the National Institutes of Health to fight infectious diseases
UPDATE - 08:54 PM Cougars find way to lose winnable game against ASU | Bud Withers
UPDATE - 10:42 PM ‘Battle in Seattle’ and the WTO legacy | Jon Talton
NEW - 08:00 PM Espresso maker for a mere $7,000 | Sunday Buzz
UPDATE - 10:44 PM When deferring benefits beats working | Investing
NEW - 08:00 PM Advice from indexing’s patron saint, Jack Bogle | Your Funds