Corey Hart, left, celebrates with Mike Zunino after Zunino hammered a laser of a line drive for a solo home run during the fifth inning against Cleveland at Progressive Field. He has the third-most homers for major league catchers this season. The Mariners have hit better on the road than at home this season.
UPDATE - 10:05 PM
Boat’s breakdown will affect morning ferry commute
Ferry managers will shuffle their fleet Wednesday morning after a power outage stalled a ferry off Bainbridge Island.
- UPDATE - 10:08 PM Amgen’s exit a new blow for Seattle biotech industry
- NEW - 08:18 PM Truth Needle: Park-district opponents overstate tax claims
- UPDATE - 09:38 PM Facing budget crunch, health chief quits to make way for new leadership
- UPDATE - 09:14 PM Jewish group says gun remarks ‘idiotic, simplistic and wrong’
- GOP: Democratic Senate candidate too Republican
UPDATE - 09:07 PM Parks Department takes heat over shutting beach showers
- Daily Rant&Rave: Thanks, Monty Python fans!
UPDATE - 09:50 PM Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; 128 killed
UPDATE - 09:40 PM Billions of GI Bill funds go to for-profit schools
UPDATE - 10:15 PM Broken water main floods UCLA; 5 people rescued
UPDATE - 09:50 PM US, Europe impose tough new sanctions on Russia
Entertainment & Living
The New York Times editorial board adding its influential voice to the national debate will be a boost for this movement led by the states.Kate Riley, Opinion Northwest: "New York Times joins Seattle Times in calling for marijuana legalization"
- Editorial: Fix Seattle Schools’ superintendent turnover issues
- Editorial: Get Northwest grain shipments going again
- B.C. premier vows sewage treatment for Victoria — someday
UPDATE - 10:06 PM As Marshawn Lynch holdout continues, fines could also include his bonus
UPDATE - 08:58 PM Chad Marshall mishap first of many in Sounders’ loss
UPDATE - 10:07 PM A little offense at last and Mariners beat Cleveland, 5-2
UPDATE - 09:33 PM Boeing forecasts huge need for pilots over next 2 decades
UPDATE - 08:37 PM China investigating Microsoft in monopoly case
UPDATE - 09:50 PM Twitter 2Q results soar, stock flies high