Alex Lopez and about 1,800 University of Washington faculty and staff members danced with bumbershoots to Tayor Swift's "Shake it Off" on Wednesday. They were part of an effort to set the Guinness World Record for the largest umbrella dance at Husky Stadium, UW Tacoma and UW Bothell.
Seattle-Tacoma International Airport is looking to accommodate an expected boom in in passengers over the next 20 years. But designing and funding the projects could be a challenge
- UPDATE - 07:34 PM SPD apologizes to man arrested for refusing to drop golf club
- Boeing to build Air Force One replacement
- NEW - 08:36 PM Churches say suburbs’ red tape barring door to tent cities
- UPDATE - 06:48 PM Bill Boeing’s 1930 yacht up for sale
- What’s another Super Bowl worth for Seahawks?
- LIVE GameCenter: Follow the action as UW men's basketball takes on Stanford
NEW - 07:43 PM VA Puget Sound to get $22M for hospital network
UPDATE - 08:13 PM Which GOP lawmakers got donations from state-worker unions
UPDATE - 08:45 PM Attorney General nominee defends Obama immigration changes
UPDATE - 08:33 PM Inquest: Sydney café hostage killed by police bullet
UPDATE - 08:02 PM Montana oil spill cleanup to slow as river gets dangerous
UPDATE - 08:45 PM FACT CHECK: Both sides in Keystone XL debate bend facts
Entertainment & Living
After decades in the public eye, Chai and Bamboo deserve to retire. No more forced breeding. No more forced socializing. Send them to a safe place where, finally, they can just be.Editorial: "Give Woodland Park Zoo elephants Bamboo and Chai much-needed retirement"
- Editorial: 3 ways the Legislature can help community-college students
- Editorial: Give Woodland Park Zoo elephants Bamboo and Chai much-needed retirement
- Should marijuana home grows be legal in Washington?
- Czar Vladimir Putin’s next moves | Thomas Friedman / Syndicated columnist
UPDATE - 08:05 PM Boeing cash flow impresses investors