Fans line the street and wait to cheer on the Seahawks as the team heads to Sea-Tac. The Seahawks are flying to Arizona before the Super Bowl a week from now and are expected to pass through 188th Street in SeaTac.
Local schools are scrapping specialty classrooms, adding portables and paying teachers overtime in order to accomodate the additional students.
- Ship propeller killed whale found under Seattle ferry dock
- Time for health-care exchange customers to settle up taxes
- San Juan pot farmers face wrath of neighbors
- Intervention may work better than punishment in schools
- 8 Republican governors buck party line on raising taxes
- UPDATE - 10:02 AM Boko Haram attacks Nigerian city, dozens killed
- Guess who’s discovered income inequality? | Danny Westneat
- Girls, 11 and 15, injured in suspected DUI crash in Puyallup
- Man arrested in Hawaii crash that killed Issaquah bicyclist
- 4 robbed, assaulted in Seattle's Kobe Terrace Park
NEW - 09:01 AM Magnificent blue glow of Hong Kong seas also disturbing
NEW - 09:01 AM Measles outbreak casts spotlight on anti-vaccine movement
NEW - 08:57 AM Residents: Police shortage is a security risk for Mardi Gras
NEW - 09:07 AM Belichick on deflated balls: 'We try to do everything right'
UPDATE - 10:04 AM French arrests raise question: Is free speech for all?
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 09:04 AM ‘All the Light We Cannot See’ shines atop book sales list
While we should fix NCLB, we can't afford to stop holding states and schools accountable for the education of their students.Patty Murray guest column: "Congress needs to fix outdated federal No Child Left Behind education law"
- Editorial: Washington students need better laws at federal and state level
- Editorial: Educating inmates is a wise investment for Wash.
- Guest: West Coast ports are in rough seas due to slowdown
- Europe’s economy was wrecked in the name of responsibility | Paul Krugman / Syndicated columnist
UPDATE - 09:07 AM As 5-year milestone nears, zulily deals with growth
UPDATE - 09:07 AM Elon Musk drops space plans into Seattle’s lap | Jon Talton
UPDATE - 09:07 AM Amazon’s nappies fail to hold up
UPDATE - 09:09 AM The Motley Fool: Every Sunday, useful tips on investing
NEW - 08:00 PM Coping with debt on a reduced income | Investing