Picture This | Erik Ronning takes children for a ride on the "Nordic Express" outside the Nordic Heritage Museum in Seattle. Ronning, who says the train cars have been in his family for about 15 years, takes out the set on special Scandinavian holidays like Syttende Mai, which was Friday.
Seattle City Councilmember Tim Burgess, who had raised more campaign money than any other candidate, dropped out of the Seattle mayor’s race Friday.
- Man survives bear attack; wife cracks it on head
- Three Sheets Northwest | Harmless red algae blooms showing up on Puget Sound
- My Edmonds News | Firefighters rescue kayaker from Lake Ballinger Friday night
- My Ballard | Syttende Mai takes over the streets of Ballard
- Capitol Hill Seattle Blog | Finding no good fortune on 14th, Lucky 8s China House to close
- The Sammamish Review | City Council hears specifics on demographics, economic challenges
My college guidance in high school was trial and error. I took the SAT test without preparing for it and applied to colleges I had never visited.Lynne K. Varner, column: "Helping high-school students navigate the next step"
Entertainment & Living
- Watch the winners of the 2013 3-Minute Masterpiece film contest
- Summer Guide: Sightseeing attractions, festivals, day trips and more