PACIFIC NW MAGAZINE: Chef Bruce Naftaly sets up a work station in Nancy Leson’s kitchen to give her a lesson in making crackers. The process isn't difficult, and you can freeze batches of unbaked crackers on a baking sheet and bake them fresh for company.
Rebuilding has barely started in some of Japan’s hardest-hit communities, and one expert warns the Pacific Northwest isn’t learning from Japan’s experience.
- UPDATE - 08:55 PM Vietnam says searchers cannot find object thought to be from missing jet
- UPDATE - 08:55 PM Lack of passport checks expose air security flaw
- UPDATE - 08:33 PM Students press profs to open minds to cheaper textbooks
- Q&A: WSDOT secretary talks about Bertha, megaprojects — and more
- Flood warnings in effect until Monday night on some rivers
NEW - 07:18 PM Issaquah district may close alternative high school
UPDATE - 08:28 PM Public comments: How much talk is too much?
NEW - 09:00 PM Tiny gowns become ‘huge gift’ for grieving families
UPDATE - 08:28 PM Too little info makes reform on marijuana challenging | Jerry Large
NEW - 08:33 PM Anti-nuclear protests grow as Fukushima anniversary nears
NEW - 08:00 PM Increasing numbers of Americans ride public transit
NEW - 08:47 PM Investigators: Vanished jet will turn up eventually
- West Seattle Junction development: Another crane up; concrete-pour traffic alert | West Seattle Blog
- Lynnwood-based Zumiez reports increased sales in February | Lynnwood Today
- Richard Sherman to Make Appearance at Bellevue Square Microsoft Store on Monday | Downtown Bellevue Network
- Pikes/Pines: Pondering the pulmonates of Capitol Hill | Capitol Hill Seattle Blog
- Don't kill the ump: Umpire training and Rules Clinics for Little League parents | Shoreline Area News
I found it easier to find health violations at my neighborhood restaurant than about problems at my kid's child-care center.Jonathan Martin, column: "Make child care transparent for parents"
- Editorial: Senate should protect people with disabilities
- Editorial: Boeing’s retirement-plan decision a move for equity
- Guest: Stop dinging state schools for timber money
- Laughter and grief belong together | Leonard Pitts Jr. / Syndicated columnist
UPDATE - 08:43 PM Felix Hernandez allows four earned runs in 2 1 / 3 innings
UPDATE - 07:06 PM Saint Mary’s again stands in Gonzaga’s WCC tournament path
UPDATE - 09:03 PM Huskies must win 4 games in 4 days to make NCAA tournament
UPDATE - 08:09 PM Seager become Mr. Dependable at third base