Stephen Dofelmier, left, returned to Assumption Catholic Church after receiving a letter from Father Oliver Duggan, right, who was inspired by Pope Francis’ conciliatory tone and invited dormant parishioners back. Local Catholics, for the most part, credit the pontiff with bringing a softer tone to the church as he seeks to end a focus on hot-button issues such as gay rights.
Rebuilding has barely started in some of Japan’s hardest-hit communities, and one expert warns the Pacific Northwest isn’t learning from Japan’s experience.
UPDATE - 02:42 PM Lack of passport checks expose air security flaw
NEW - 02:36 PM Stigma hinders efforts to combat leprosy in India
UPDATE - 02:42 PM No consensus on how to notify data breach victims
- Washington state disciplines healthcare providers | Seattle/Local Health Guide
- Fortunately, fat floats | Three Sheets Northwest
- Chief Sealth students win President's Volunteer Service Award | West Seattle Blog
- Bird Lore: Western Meadowlark | My Edmonds News
- King County hosts ten health insurance enrollment events this Saturday, March 8 | Seattle/Local Health Guide
I found it easier to find health violations at my neighborhood restaurant than about problems at my kid's child-care center.Jonathan Martin, column: "Make child care transparent for parents"
- Editorial: Follow governor’s lead seeking a federal waiver on Title 1 funds
- Editorial: Boeing’s retirement-plan decision a move for equity
- Guest: U.S.-China relationship thriving, despite challenges | Guest columnist
- Reality check on Crimea | Trudy Rubin / Syndicated columnist