Seattle right-hander Hisashi Iwakuma throws eight shutout innings with pinpoint control to net 11 strikeouts in the Mariners' game against the Phillies in Philadelphia on Tuesday. The Mariners won 5-2.
NEW - 08:25 PM
Highway 99’s coming 4-day closure: Be prepared for a mess
The 4-day closure of Highway 99 in Seattle will bring slowdowns in and out of downtown, especially for detoured buses.
- UPDATE - 08:40 PM Ballmer’s sole role at Microsoft now is investor
- UPDATE - 08:56 PM U.S. judge grants Seattle police more time to meet key reform
- NEW - 08:59 PM Skyway slaying linked to suspect in 2 Seattle killings
- UPDATE - 09:14 PM Federal autopsy will show Brown was shot 6 times, source says
- UPDATE - 08:00 PM Bainbridge protester comes down from tree after sit-in
UPDATE - 09:34 PM Lawmakers turn up the heat on troubled ferry system
UPDATE - 08:02 PM Ethics board votes to limit free meals for lawmakers
UPDATE - 08:04 PM More than 300 attend panel on diversity in theater, post-‘Mikado’
UPDATE - 09:25 PM Gaza cease-fire efforts collapse in heavy fighting
UPDATE - 09:25 PM Texas Gov. Perry booked on abuse of power charges
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 09:35 PM Obituary: Seattle television and arts writer John Voorhees
Failure to provide them proper and timely care is a serious breach of social responsibility that touches all of us.Cassandra Ando, guest column: "How to help patients after the end of psychiatric boarding"
- Editorial: Innovation would be stifled under FCC’s plans
- Editorial: The Times recommends Reps. Steve Bergquist and Zack Hudgins in 11th District
- Mikado, yellowface debate at Seattle Repertory Theatre forum
- Guest: Enforce state’s mental-health parity law