Marshawn Lynch appeared before a huge crowd at Super Bowl media day, where many people were expecting him to answer questions to avoid another enormous fine from the NFL. Lynch was there for five minutes and answered questions 29 times, from Deion Sanders to a 7-year-old kid, with the same answer: "I'm just here so I won't get fined."
Texting while driving is banned in Washington. But an upcoming bill in Olympia would ban much more.
- Bill to kill tunnel project, Bertha goes nowhere
- UPDATE - 02:59 PM Boston slammed by 2 feet of snow
- Local home prices rise
- UPDATE - 01:50 PM Microsoft stock plunges as investors digest earnings
- 3 arrested in 3 separate drive-by shootings in Seattle within 24 hours
- UW men’s basketball dismisses star center Robert Upshaw for violating team rules
NEW - 01:31 PM Bill proposes state covering postage on Washington ballots
NEW - 01:46 PM Heroin deaths in Snohomish County a serious problem
UPDATE - 01:11 PM Man dies in fall onto a Seattle freeway ramp
UPDATE - 02:59 PM Police: Parents who killed selves, kids feared apocalypse
UPDATE - 02:59 PM Bodies found after Ga. couple lured by Craigslist contact
UPDATE - 02:59 PM Mormon leaders call for measures protecting gay rights
UPDATE - 02:59 PM On Auschwitz anniversary, leader warns Jews again targets
UPDATE - 02:05 PM Judge refuses to toss abuse-of-power case against Rick Perry
UPDATE - 02:44 PM Michelle Obama navigates limits on women in Saudi Arabia
UPDATE - 02:19 PM Wisconsin Gov. Walker forms group to boost possible 2016 bid
Entertainment & Living
NEW - 01:26 PM And the all-female 'Ghostbusters' are . . .
While we should fix NCLB, we can't afford to stop holding states and schools accountable for the education of their students.Patty Murray guest column: "Congress needs to fix outdated federal No Child Left Behind education law"
- Editorial: Turning Federal Reserve building into a school is fitting for Seattle’s urban core
- Editorial: Voter initiatives need to include funding balance
- Guest: Let voters decide whether to raise the state minimum wage
- How globalization is supposed to work
UPDATE - 01:35 PM FTC clears Albertsons' purchase of Safeway