Over the years, members of West Seattle's Masonic Temple could have sold their now-primo property to developers. They haven't. Now they'll share the block with a 389-unit complex. Above, Elmer Lindseth, 90, one of the longest-serving members, sits outside the massive Lodge Room.
A proposal by the Obama administration to take away the tax-free status of college savings accounts could spell trouble for Washington state’s Guaranteed Education Tuition plan.
NEW - 09:13 AM Rant&Rave: Let's leave age out of it
UPDATE - 09:16 AM Thousands of flights canceled as storm descends on the East
NEW - 08:04 AM Medical pot only OK for sick kids failed by other drugs: MDs
UPDATE - 09:18 AM Sex-abuse civil trial to unveil Boy Scout 'perversion' files
UPDATE - 09:20 AM Survivors visit Auschwitz a day ahead of 70th anniversary
UPDATE - 09:20 AM Islamic State group nearly pushed out of Syria's Kobani
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 09:13 AM SAG Awards win sends 'Birdman' Oscar hopes soaring
UPDATE - 09:13 AM First Look: Sundance doc pulls back curtain on Scientology
While we should fix NCLB, we can't afford to stop holding states and schools accountable for the education of their students.Patty Murray guest column: "Congress needs to fix outdated federal No Child Left Behind education law"
- UPDATE - 08:37 AM Editorial: Voter initiatives need to include funding balance
- Editorial: Washington students need better laws at federal and state level
- Google Glass joins the failure hall of fame | Froma Harrop / Syndicated columnist
- Why serious people discount Fox News | Leonard Pitts Jr. / Syndicated columnist
UPDATE - 09:16 AM Stocks mixed on uncertainty in Europe
UPDATE - 09:02 AM AT&T buying Nextel Mexico from NII Holdings
UPDATE - 09:16 AM Survey: Firms optimistic on hiring, wages in 1Q
- Amazon’s nappies fail to hold up
- Elon Musk drops space plans into Seattle’s lap | Jon Talton