Scores of protesters joined sightseers and shoppers in downtown Seattle on Friday. Many of the protesters were demonstrating against a grand-jury decision to not indict an officer in Ferguson, Mo. Westlake Center closed early after protesters moved into the mall. Five people were arrested. Above, protesters gather on the top floor of the mall overlooking the Christmas tree lighting ceremony. The lighting was one of several holiday events downtown.
UPDATE - 10:17 PM
Arctic cold, snow blowing through
The National Weather Service forecasts cold temperatures and a likelihood of snow in Western Washington, with 1 to 3 inches possible in Seattle by Saturday afternoon.
- Seattle cop says she was a target for halting overtime ‘gravy train’
- Black Friday becomes just another shopping day
- Original Bill the Butcher opens BB Ranch in Woodinville
- NEW - 10:35 PM Gridlock State golden again — and we’re still a mess | Danny Westneat
- How the Seahawks defense evolved | Jerry Brewer
UPDATE - 10:38 PM Protesters overtake festivities in Seattle; mall closes early
UPDATE - 10:42 PM Dick’s Drive-In family leads crowdfunding for homeless kids
UPDATE - 09:30 PM Ferguson demonstrators march in Seattle
UPDATE - 10:37 PM Black Friday gets a little less frenzied
UPDATE - 10:42 PM Ferguson protesters target shoppers on busy retail day
NEW - 10:53 PM In Malibu, developer sees ultimate resort: posh cemetery
NEW - 09:31 PM Malaysia Airlines apologizes for another hapless tweet
UPDATE - 10:36 PM Ray Rice wins appeal; NFL suspension vacated
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 09:48 PM Fans go wild over 88-second 'Star Wars' teaser
- Editorial: As contract negotiations drag on, get ports back to full speed
- Cartoon: Happy Thanksgiving from corporate America
- Guest: Congress should oppose fast-tracking the Trans-Pacific Partnership
UPDATE - 09:03 PM Will cold weather give Sounders an advantage against Galaxy?