Moments before the Marysville-Pilchuck High School football team took the field against Meadowdale, officials at Providence Hospital announced that Shaylee Chuckulnaskit, left, died that afternoon from wounds sustained in last week’s shootings. Above, cheerleaders from Marysville-Pilchuck lead their fans in a cheer at Friday night's game.
Church officials announced plans to sell off all assets and help local branches become independent, self-governed churches.
- Man gets 45-year sentence in rape, robberies in Chinatown ID
- UPDATE - 10:22 PM Speeding South Seattle driver hits 15 vehicles; 10 injured
- Q&A: Seattle’s competing preschool ballot measures
- Should UW or WSU train doctors in Spokane? New study fuels debate
- UPDATE - 10:02 PM Coffee, pot creating a different kind of morning buzz
- Police allow car break-ins to turn into growth industry | Danny Westneat
UPDATE - 10:18 PM 3rd Marysville victim dies; family ‘can’t imagine life without her’
UPDATE - 11:29 PM AP EXCLUSIVE: Military sex survey draws complaints
UPDATE - 11:28 PM Early votes exceed 15 million — but who benefits?
UPDATE - 11:27 PM 'We just had a hunch': US marshals nab Eric Frein
Entertainment & Living
- Tasty Two: Will Twix or Reese's be crowned best Halloween candy?
The FBI's actions in this case undermined the credibility of press organizations who hold government accountable -- and that matters.Editorial: "FBI exploited press credibility in bomb ruse"
- Editorial: Voters beware of I-1351’s empty promise
- Editorial: Find the money to keep Public Health — Seattle & King County’s Auburn site open
- Ebola aid workers can't be trusted
- Remembering what skulls really stand for on Halloween
UPDATE - 11:17 PM Michigan athletic director Dave Brandon resigns
UPDATE - 11:20 PM Huskies volleyball team sweeps UCLA, remains unbeaten at 23-0