NICOLE & CO.: Former NFL player Steve Gleason, diagnosed with ALS, uses his Microsoft Surface Pro-3 tablet to speak. The Spokane native talked with Times columnist Nicole Brodeur about the impact that the Ice Bucket Challenge has had on fundraising and awareness of ALS, a devastating neurological disease. Videos of the challenge have taken off like wildfire.
UPDATE - 08:42 PM
Kent slaying suspect alleges racial slurs led to the shooting
The Burien man accused of killing two men at a Kent gas station on Wednesday told police he opened fire after a group directed racial slurs at him and a friend, according to a court document.
- UPDATE - 08:40 PM Effort to restore grizzlies in N. Cascades gets rolling
- UPDATE - 08:43 PM American Ebola survivor: ‘I am thrilled to be alive’
- Seattle architecture firm Callison bought by Dutch giant
- Pot buses draw ire from state transportation commission
- NEW - 07:18 PM Feds limit availability of painkiller hydrocodone
- Chris Petersen’s mission: Make the Huskies great again | Jerry Brewer
NEW - 07:22 PM City, federal monitor move to dismiss suit by SPD officers
UPDATE - 08:19 PM Healthplanfinder: 'Moderately effective,' could improve
UPDATE - 08:43 PM Israel kills 3 Hamas military commanders in Gaza
NEW - 08:47 PM Supreme Court case to shape Ferguson investigation
UPDATE - 08:43 PM Pentagon: Islamic State militants will regroup
UPDATE - 08:43 PM Russian aid convoy advances toward Ukraine
Entertainment & Living
Patients are routinely forced through a maze of bureaucratic review procedures to get authorization for treatment...Sean Corry, Eleanor Hamburger, guest column: "Enforce state's mental-health parity law"
- Editorial: FEMA should help Okanogan County rebuild after wildfires
- Editorial: Help parents help their children with school-supply drive
- Should Obama go to Ferguson?
- End state law that criminalizes mental health patients | Jonathan Martin / Times editorial columnist
UPDATE - 08:46 PM Mariners star Robinson Cano helps keep the team relaxed
UPDATE - 08:16 PM Storm wins No. 1 pick in April’s WNBA draft
NEW - 08:29 PM Israel’s targeted bombings limit civilian casualties in Gaza