As the nation marks the Newtown, Conn., massacre anniversary, gun-control and gun-rights advocates in Washington state are using the time to highlight their dueling initiative efforts. Above, a candlelight vigil was held Thursday in Washington, D.C., for the 20 children and six adults killed on Dec. 14, 2012.
After talks broke down between Boeing and the Machinists union over placing the 777X work in Washington state, the union's lead negotiator said the membership will get a chance to decide on what the company called its last offer.
- Judge gives go-ahead for charter schools, but raises funding question
- State exchange-website outages create 'a high level of frustration'
- 'Spoiled-brat' defense keeps teen out of jail in DUI fatalities
- UPDATE - 07:21 AM Steve Mollenkopf becomes Qualcomm's next CEO, not Microsoft's
- UPDATE - 07:39 AM At least 3 stabbed after Denver football game
- Seahawks poised to break one of NFL’s oldest, most obscure records
UPDATE - 07:41 AM $15 SeaTac minimum wage challenged in court
UPDATE - 07:39 AM Huge crowds gather in hopes of seeing Mandela body
UPDATE - 07:39 AM House GOP conservatives help propel budget bill
UPDATE - 07:31 AM Sales brisk for Friday's $400M Mega Millions game
UPDATE - 07:40 AM Mandela burial will happen in simple village
UPDATE - 06:22 AM 2 Texas veterans, both 107, to meet for 1st time
- Science Fiction Fridays: The best eco-horror of the year | Shelf Talk
- 'Great big ugly tank'? Diamond Knot's grain silo draws ire of planning commissioners | MLTnews.com
- Top Memberships for Seattle Parents | Red Tricycle
- A 14th Ave 'lost dog' poster story with a double happy ending | Capitol Hill Seattle Blog
- Bainbridge Vineyards Reopens This Weekend with New Name, Look, Vision, and--Wine | Inside Bainbridge
These big-brained and big-bodied animals need autonomy, huge spaces, companionship of their choosing and a warm climate.Judy Nicastro, guest column: "Move elephants at Woodland Park Zoo to a sanctuary"
- Editorial: Celebrating the career of former Mayor Norm Rice
- Editorial: A federal budget deal, and no drama
- UPDATE - 07:09 AM Charter schools pass court scrutiny mostly intact
- UPDATE - 07:04 AM Seattle's Westlake Park feels safer. Was that so hard?
UPDATE - 06:47 AM Qualcomm names Mollenkopf as next CEO
Entertainment & Living
- 250 ways to enjoy the holidays in Seattle
- Share your holiday lights and win a $100 Starbucks card
NEW - 06:00 AM Is a bowl of pho ever worth $10?
NEW - 06:01 AM Recipe: Honey Maple Pecan Bars
Movies, TV, Comics & Games
Help us bring you more relevant information and advertising by telling us what neighborhood you live in. If your neighborhood isn't listed, select the neighborhood closest to you.
City of Seattle
Saving Mr. Banks | PG-13