President Obama speaks Tuesday inside the Oso Fire Department after surveying the damage from last month's mudslide. The day included news of $7.5 million from the Federal Emergency Management Agency being released to help Snohomish County absorb the disaster's costs.
UPDATE - 10:46 PM
Voters rejecting new money for transit; bus cuts coming
With Proposition 1 trailing, King County officials said they'll proceed with plans for cutting bus-service hours, a scenario officials have warned about for months.
- UPDATE - 10:01 PM Lake Washington, Everett school measures falling short
- Cost of fixing Bertha may top $125 million, but who will pay?
- Insurers, hospitals complain to Kreidler about new rules
- UPDATE - 10:47 PM Fatal birth defect much higher in 3 Washington counties
- UPDATE - 10:43 PM Hawks' Pryor getting second chance | Jerry Brewer
- UPDATE - 11:38 PM M’s lose 8th in row as bats go quiet again
UPDATE - 12:09 AM Airport security vulnerabilities not uncommon
UPDATE - 11:35 PM Acts of bravery emerge from pilloried ship crew
UPDATE - 12:07 AM Analysis: Putin likely to ignore West on Ukraine
UPDATE - 11:53 PM Sherpas leave Everest; some expeditions nix climbs
UPDATE - 11:53 PM Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
UPDATE - 11:53 PM Woman reunited with dog, TV snatched on 1st date
Entertainment & Living
Transit is vital to the region's economy and quality of life — King County can and should do better.Editorial: "Vote no on King County Proposition 1"
- Editorial: A disconnect for state’s 911 system
- Editorial: All eyes on May 25 presidential election in Ukraine
- Bullitt Center's sustainable vision shines on Earth Day
- A classy no-thank-you from Ross Hunter
UPDATE - 10:42 PM Seahawks’ Richard Sherman closing in on big payday