Pedestrians cross Fourth Avenue in downtown Seattle on a Friday afternoon dark with heavy rain. Although we'll avoid the snow and freezing rain forecast for much of the state this weekend, the Puget Sound area will be wet and windy, according to the National Weather Service. For next week, there's a chance of rain every day with temperatures hovering around 50 degrees, and a chance of snow showers on the mountain passes.
A class-action suit against Shea Homes is moving forward even as the builder offers settlements to more than 900 homes at Redmond Ridge.
- Obama extends U.S. combat role in Afghanistan
- Disclosure requests by programmer open door to top SPD officials
- Student convicted in fatal Des Moines crash deported
- Nordstrom reshuffles its half-yearly sales
- UW men’s basketball topples Seattle U, 63-48
- A nation of immigrants dreaming of better: It could be my story | Westneat
NEW - 06:00 AM Daily Rant&Rave: Returned watch
Entertainment & Living
NEW - 06:15 AM History and the holidays | Community Corner
The focus for all lawmakers should be to ensure that new investment in education is tied to a demonstrable reversing of disappointing outcomes for students.Editorial: "Voters have returned a delicate balancing act to Olympia"
- Editorial: I-1351 complicates mission to help homeless students
- Guest: Don’t be quick to bash rail — an engine of the economy
- Guest: Fund the National Institutes of Health to fight infectious diseases