A new campaign promotes a longstanding project that offers extra incentives and financial security for King County landlords who agree to rent to the homeless or formerly homeless. Above, Luatonya Girtman makes sandwiches with her children James Harrell III, 5, and Mydia Girtman, 14. They bounced in and out of homelessness for a year until the Landlord Liaison Project helped the family move into an apartment in Kent last month.
UPDATE - 05:10 PM
Ferguson grand jury reaches decision
A grand jury's decision about whether to indict a Ferguson police officer in the shooting death of Michael Brown is expected to be announced soon.
- Scientists may be cracking mystery of big 1872 earthquake
- UPDATE - 03:56 PM Seattle mayor releases plan for medical marijuana
- UPDATE - 05:10 PM Defense Secretary Hagel resigns
- State AG: Police don’t need consent to record with body cams
- Mariners, Kyle Seager reportedly agree to 7-year, $100M extension
- Seahawks team meeting produces unified effort | Jerry Brewer
UPDATE - 03:57 PM Former King County health chief joins nonprofit PATH
- Daily Rant & Rave: Give 90-year-old man his cane back
NEW - 05:16 PM Auction set for James Watson’s 1962 Nobel Prize
NEW - 03:58 PM Burgers are all the rage in Hong Kong
UPDATE - 05:10 PM Fears of major flooding in snowbound Buffalo ease
UPDATE - 04:57 PM Police shooting in housing project ruled homicide
UPDATE - 05:00 PM Police: Video of officer shooting boy is 'clear'
Entertainment & Living
NEW - 03:55 PM A few minutes with Robert Osborne
All that's left is for Gov. Jay Inslee to show his hand, and avoid being just another act following what's now recalled as a killer performance.Robert J. Vickers column: "Is Gov. Jay Inslee an absentee governor or a patient strategist?"
- Editorial: Mayor Murray’s smart move to entice foreign trade to Seattle
- UPDATE - 04:15 PM Editorial: Remote testimony would bring the Legislature into the 21st century
- Guest: How Alaska bucked the trend of salmon loss — but that’s in jeopardy
- UPDATE - 04:13 PM Guest: Port slowdown’s potential devastating impacts on Washington businesses
UPDATE - 04:51 PM SF hotel developer plans 50-story project on Fifth Avenue
- ‘Battle in Seattle’ and the WTO legacy | Jon Talton
- Espresso maker for a mere $7,000 | Sunday Buzz