The ferry Tacoma gets towed on July 29 after an electrical failure left it adrift. This incident was one of several problems to hit the Washington State Ferries this summer, prompting lawmakers to discuss how to fix the ferry system.
The four-day closure of Highway 99 in Seattle will bring big slowdowns into and out of downtown, especially for detoured buses. Metro Transit is telling riders to consider alternate forms of transportation.
James Foley, a freelance photojournalist, was taken prisoner in northwest Syria in November 2012 while on assignment for the Global Post. Islamic State posted a video threatening another execution if the U.S. doesn't pull back.
- Ballmer’s sole role at Microsoft now is investor
- UPDATE - 07:14 AM 36 dead, 7 missing in landslide near Hiroshima
- Skyway slaying linked to suspect in 2 Seattle killings
- Danny Westneat: Seattle is no place to look for a Ferguson solution
- ACT’s 50th season: new works, old favorites
- Bainbridge protester comes down from tree after sit-in
- Phillies find out how special Hisashi Iwakuma is as M's post 5-2 win
NEW - 06:00 AM Daily Rant&Rave: Hold off on Halloween and Christmas
UPDATE - 07:14 AM Hamas: Military chief not present at Gaza strike
UPDATE - 07:14 AM Liberian security forces seal slum to halt Ebola
UPDATE - 07:06 AM North Korea insults John Kerry over his looks
NEW - 06:49 AM Sullivan beats tea party in Alaska GOP Senate race
UPDATE - 06:49 AM Texas' Perry smiles for mug shot, gets ice cream
Entertainment & Living
NEW - 06:00 AM Washington hop-grower Haas also brews beer
NEW - 06:15 AM Commit before making stepfamily plans | Dear Carolyn
NEW - 06:02 AM Corn-dog days of summer: Make your own
Failure to provide them proper and timely care is a serious breach of social responsibility that touches all of us.Cassandra Ando, guest column: "How to help patients after the end of psychiatric boarding"
- Editorial: Innovation would be stifled under FCC’s plans
- Editorial: The Times recommends Reps. Steve Bergquist and Zack Hudgins in 11th District
- UPDATE - 06:36 AM Continue the push for human rights in Vietnam
- Guest: Enforce state’s mental-health parity law