LIVE CHAT The new Seattle Times food writer, Bethany Jean Clement, is answering questions about all things Thanksgiving. Stuffing vs. dressing? Pumpkin pie or apple pie? (Why not both?) Why don't we just eat out? We'll cover it all. Bring your questions and join in now.
UPDATE - 12:42 PM
Boehner: ‘We will not stand idle’ on immigration
President Obama's executive order on immigration presents Republicans with a dilemma: How to satisfy irate conservatives without alienating moderates, Hispanics and other voters.
- Sound Transit to seek new tax, fees to extend light-rail routes
- Wet and windy in the region; heavy mountain snow expected
- Man drops massive records requests, will help police with video technology
- UPDATE - 12:30 PM City on track for proposed medical marijuana legislation by end of year
- Pot shop could be coming to Capitol Hill
- How Sigi Schmid saved his job and moved the Sounders forward
UPDATE - 11:50 AM Looking back at memorable Seattle-area snows
UPDATE - 12:38 PM 2,000 attend memorial for Linfield College student
UPDATE - 12:38 PM Longview council rejects plan to fix water odor
UPDATE - 12:35 PM NY highway opens as snow ends; flooding a concern
UPDATE - 12:42 PM House GOP sues Obama administration on health law
UPDATE - 12:35 PM Marine with robotic leg braces to get Bronze Star
UPDATE - 12:29 PM Navajo Nation president approves junk-food tax
UPDATE - 11:51 AM NSA director: China can damage US power grid
UPDATE - 11:52 AM Space station rarity: 2 women on long-term crew
UPDATE - 12:35 PM Bandits in Guinea steal suspected Ebola blood
UPDATE - 12:35 PM Ukraine's Facebook revolution, 1 year later
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 12:16 PM ‘Serial’: Q&A with the host of the global podcast hit
The focus for all lawmakers should be to ensure that new investment in education is tied to a demonstrable reversing of disappointing outcomes for students.Editorial: "Voters have returned a delicate balancing act to Olympia"
- Editorial: Explore ways to give the state Supreme Court more diversity
- Editorial: King County right to put brakes on public defense cuts
- The faces behind the sex trade in King County | Thanh Tan / Times editorial columnist
- Are King County taxpayers ready to fund levy focused on early childhood?
UPDATE - 11:29 AM Vote: Your holiday shopping plans | Jon Talton