An injured person is removed from the rubble in the aftermath of a mile-wide tornado that struck Moore, Okla. and leveled several neighborhoods. At least 24 people were reported killed, including 9 children, and those numbers were expected to climb.
UPDATE - 10:46 AM
UW adds online courses with MIT, Harvard program
Beginning in January, the UW will offer four new courses through the not-for-profit edX.
- UPDATE - 10:33 AM Amazon pitching glass-and-steel spheres for new campus
- UPDATE - 10:52 AM Microsoft reveals new Xbox One system | Brier Dudley
- Kemper Freeman planning $1.2B Bellevue expansion
- Records: Slain intruder showed signs of mental breakdown
- Carroll on Seahawks' problems off field: 'It's real serious'
UPDATE - 09:38 AM V-2 rocket on display at Everett aviation museum
UPDATE - 10:40 AM Obama pledges urgent aid to Oklahoma town
UPDATE - 10:51 AM Former IRS chief: Can't say how targeting happened
UPDATE - 09:12 AM 2nd day of riots in Stockholm suburb shakes Sweden
- UPDATE - 10:05 AM Pope and the devil: Did Francis perform exorcism?
- Seattle Globalist | Crossroads Mall's cross-cultural chess connection
- Three Sheets Northwest | New law cracks down on impaired boating
- Downtown Bellevue Network | Bellevue Towers 3-Bedroom, 3,398 Sq Ft Condo For Sale at $2.18M
- West Seattle Blog | West Seattleites behind the scenes at NW Folklife Festival
- Hiking with my Brother | Barlow Point Trail #709
The term "illegal immigrant" is dehumanizing, derogatory and destructive. . . . Humans are not illegal. Only their actions can be illegal.Hugo Balta, guest: "Stop using the term 'illegal immigrants' "
UPDATE - 10:51 AM Seahawks waive Josh Portis
Entertainment & Living
- Watch the winners of the 2013 3-Minute Masterpiece film contest
NEW - 10:07 AM A snappy summer film series