Seattle falls just short of securing the NFC West title as Phil Dawson makes a field goal with 26 seconds left to topple the Seahawks. Above, 49ers running back Frank Gore, left, carries the ball on a 51-yard run as Earl Thomas and Richard Sherman trail in the fourth quarter.
- Photo gallery UPDATE
Former manager Eric Wedge and other former and current employees describe problems at the top of the organization.
UPDATE - 06:17 PM Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
NEW - 05:13 PM France tries to rewrite old role as Africa’s policeman
- CHS Pics | Christmas in Pike/Pine | Capitol Hill Seattle Blog
- Bittersweet pup-watching season continues for Seal Sitters | West Seattle Blog
- Icebreaker heads south for the winter | Three Sheets Northwest
- Burn ban in effect for Snohomish County | MLTnews.com
- Mercer Alert: Full closure next weekend plus weeknight closures through December 20th | Queen Anne View
As someone who worked in the Mariners front office (not baseball operations but still) for 6+ years I can confirm the organizational culture is extremely dysfunctional. Very much a good old boys club, not interested in new ideas at all.Comment by "iloveseattle243" on "Dysfunction at the top: Wedge, others point to trouble in Mariners' front office"
- Editorial: Give SPD chief hiring options
- Editorial: Hold off on more TV-station acquisition deals
- Guest: The top 3 things Seattle needs in a new police chief
- Obama gets real | Paul Krugman / Syndicated columnist
UPDATE - 06:17 PM Old Man Winter frosts NFL gridirons with snow, ice
NEW - 08:00 PM Want better returns? Cut costs | Scott Burns | Investing
Entertainment & Living
- 250 ways to enjoy the holidays in Seattle
- Holiday recipes: 14 dishes from some of Seattle's best chefs