In the news:
Bertha, the Highway 99 drilling machine, had tunneled about one-eighth of the route from Sodo to South Lake Union when an unidentified object stopped it. Project managers are trying to identify the object and figure out how to get Bertha moving again. The beginnings of the tunnel, with trailing gear of the giant drilling machine in the background, is above.
UPDATE - 10:21 AM
GM names CEO, 1st woman to lead major car company
Mary Barra, GM's product development chief and the next CEO, will also be the first woman to lead a major U.S. car company.
UPDATE - 10:18 AM Ukraine leader to seek some protesters' release
UPDATE - 10:21 AM US ban on high-risk bank trades approved
UPDATE - 10:18 AM 18 LA sheriff's officials charged in jail probe
UPDATE - 10:18 AM Pa. students' robotic arm can make you stronger
- Capitol Hill light rail update: 'Extraordinarily lucky' thus far, construction moves on to Broadway's 'pedestrian concourse' | Capitol Hill Seattle Blog
- Lynnwood City Council extends marijuana moratoriums | Lynnwood Today
- Discovery Park gate: Magnolia attorney threatens federal lawsuit | Magnolia Voice
- Seattle Children's doctor offers tips to keep kids safe this holiday season | Seattle/Local Health Guide
- West Seattle Bee Garden: The buzz for what's in the works | West Seattle Blog
Few organizations can maintain a sense of innovation and excellence when the same individuals remain in control of the levers of power. Our police department is no different.David A. Perez, Maurice Classen, guest column: "The top 3 things Seattle needs in a new police chief"
- Editorial: State Supreme Court should take care when defining parenting
- Editorial: Try the $15 wage in SeaTac before imposing it in Seattle
- Satanists raising Hell to an art form in Oklahoma City
- Guest: Why Boeing and the Machinists need to come back to the table
UPDATE - 10:21 AM Lululemon founder stepping down as chairman
UPDATE - 10:03 AM Stocks lower after hitting record; banks in focus
NEW - 10:11 AM More concentration for airlines hurts jobs and fliers
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 10:18 AM New Johnny Cash album to be released next spring
UPDATE - 10:18 AM Bacharach calls musical of his songs a 'valentine'
- 250 ways to enjoy the holidays in Seattle
- Holiday recipes: 14 dishes from some of Seattle's best chefs
UPDATE - 10:21 AM Court: Exec guilty over faulty French implants
UPDATE - 09:46 AM Group wants Fisher-Price iPad bouncy seat recall