★★½ RESTAURANT REVIEW: Quality Athletics is a sports bar in the same way that Skillet is a diner and Hollywood Tavern is a roadhouse: archly, ironically, ostensibly, but not really. Above, jerk-spiced duck wings are served with lime crème fraîche with pickled pomegranate seeds at Quality Athletics.
UPDATE - 02:49 PM
Inslee proposes capital-gains tax to help fund budget
"We've got to buck up and invest in our state," the governor said, as he proposed a $39 billion, two-year budget.
- UPDATE - 02:47 PM Sue Rahr named to Obama task force on policing
- NEW - 02:29 PM Mayor’s task force wants more tent cities for the homeless
- NEW - 02:31 PM Washington Health Benefit Exchange board votes to turn invoicing over to insurers
- UPDATE - 02:11 PM Dow soars 400 points, led by rally in tech sector
- UPDATE - 01:25 PM Seahawks sign K.J. Wright to four-year extension
- Times series on ocean changes wins major multimedia award
UPDATE - 03:08 PM Digital dilemma: How will US respond to Sony hack?
UPDATE - 02:49 PM 2 states challenge Colorado marijuana legalization
UPDATE - 02:51 PM Not much chance of Congress stopping Cuba policy
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 01:47 PM Bellevue teen an evangelist for classical music
Even when challenges or misunderstandings arise, the truth is that we all want the same thing: safety for the public, protection for taxpayers and daylight for Bertha.Lynn Peterson guest column: "WSDOT explains the settling, liability and safety of the Highway 99 tunnel project"
- Editorial: Legislature should give school districts back control of federal funds
- As relationships move online, a dark vision of ‘Pottersville’ becomes real
- A glimpse inside Washington's gun culture after Initiative 594
- Guest: In a dangerous situation, the police and I made a critical decision to save a life
NEW - 03:08 PM Sunset Corporate Center sold