Pedestrians cross Fourth Avenue in downtown Seattle on a Friday afternoon dark with heavy rain. Although we'll avoid the snow and freezing rain forecast for much of the state this weekend, the Puget Sound area will be wet and windy, according to the National Weather Service. For next week, there's a chance of rain every day with temperatures hovering around 50 degrees, and a chance of snow showers on the mountain passes.
UPDATE - 12:15 AM
Builder offers cash, repairs, but some residents to sue
A class-action suit against Shea Homes is moving forward even as the builder offers settlements to more than 900 homes at Redmond Ridge.
- UPDATE - 11:53 PM House intel panel debunks many Benghazi theories
- UPDATE - 10:30 PM Disclosure requests by programmer open door to top SPD officials
- Student convicted in fatal Des Moines crash deported
- Nordstrom reshuffles its half-yearly sales
- UPDATE - 11:25 PM UW men’s basketball topples Seattle U, 63-48
- NEW - 10:45 PM A nation of immigrants dreaming of better: It could be my story | Westneat
UPDATE - 11:27 PM Fund For The Needy: Lending a hand to those who help others
UPDATE - 12:27 AM Flooding becomes new threat in snowy Buffalo
UPDATE - 10:39 PM In shift, Obama extends U.S. combat role in Afghanistan
UPDATE - 12:27 AM Marine with robotic leg braces gets Bronze Star
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 12:27 AM Report questions role of wealth in Lanza's care
UPDATE - 10:41 PM Influx of cheap Peruvian quinoa riles Bolivia
The focus for all lawmakers should be to ensure that new investment in education is tied to a demonstrable reversing of disappointing outcomes for students.Editorial: "Voters have returned a delicate balancing act to Olympia"
- Editorial: I-1351 complicates mission to help homeless students
- Editorial: Explore ways to give the state Supreme Court more diversity
- Are King County taxpayers ready to fund levy focused on early childhood?
- Guest: Don’t be quick to bash rail — an engine of the economy
UPDATE - 11:02 PM Huskies look to slow down Oregon State QB Sean Mannion
UPDATE - 11:11 PM Sounders will lean on experienced defender Leo Gonzalez