Judges Mikhail Sebastian, Jose Arreola and Liz Dean scrutinize beverages created during the U.S. Latte Art Championship today, part of the Specialty Coffee Association of America conference at the Washington State Convention Center. The coffee conference continues through Sunday and brought to town about 11,000 people from all aspects of the industry.
UPDATE - 10:10 PM
Mayor Murray on $15 wage: 'I do not have a proposal'
The Seattle mayor today said his committee needs more time to come up with a plan for a citywide $15 an hour minimum wage.
- UPDATE - 10:03 PM First cuts to Metro Transit spread all over Seattle area
- UPDATE - 09:34 PM SPD chief candidate left her mark from Boston to Ireland
- UPDATE - 09:55 PM Loss of No Child Left Behind waiver means schools will be labeled 'failing'
- UPDATE - 09:54 PM Man, 19, fatally shot in Rainier Valley
- UPDATE - 09:18 PM Stone: QB Wilson's divorce is a reminder he's human
UPDATE - 10:09 PM Oregon considers handing troubled exchange to federal site
UPDATE - 09:11 PM ‘World’s largest Warhol’ to get test run on Tacoma Dome roof
UPDATE - 10:11 PM Ukraine moves against insurgents in the east
UPDATE - 09:38 PM Everest climbers say base camp feels unsafe as Sherpas argue
UPDATE - 10:11 PM Gunman kills 3 Americans at Kabul hospital
UPDATE - 10:01 PM FDA eases into regulating e-cigarettes
NEW - 09:35 PM Prosecutors: Stowage, design problems sank S. Korea ferry
UPDATE - 10:01 PM US proposes pay-for-priority Internet standards
Entertainment & Living
Poor planning and wrongheaded federal rules have put Washington's nationally lauded chemical-dependency treatment community in critical condition...Jonathan Martin, column: "Obamacare's drug problem"
- Editorial: Crack down on online prostitution sites like backpage.com
- Editorial: After failure of King County Prop. 1, hard work on Metro needed
- Poll: Do you want Aereo to expand to Seattle?
- Apart from Seattle’s minimum-wage debate, America needs a pay raise | Lance Dickie / Times editorial columnist
- Reverse mortgages: Best use is to invest in a living will, based on experience
- High-school counselors: Training won’t create time for advising
- Bicycle Master Plan: Require training, exams, licensing and toll collection for bicyclists
- The Legislature needs to pass a transportation package that includes transit funding
UPDATE - 09:43 PM Gary Bettman: NHL not considering expansion into Seattle now
UPDATE - 09:41 PM Marcus Trufant officially retires as a Seahawk
UPDATE - 09:45 PM Nick Franklin, Erasmo Ramirez sent down by Mariners
UPDATE - 09:50 PM Bruins beat Red Wings in OT, take 3-1 lead
UPDATE - 09:54 PM Grizzlies hang on vs. Thunder, take 2-1 lead