Nicholas Dorman, Seattle Art Museum’s chief conservator, brought Jackson Pollock’s painting “Sea Change,” seen behind him, back from harm, removing a layer of varnish that threatened to destroy it. Dorman, wearing his magnification glasses, spent a year on the project.
UPDATE - 06:24 PM
Boeing chief meets with union reps who opposed 777X deal
The meeting is the first sign since the Nov. 13 rejection vote that union and management may re-engage and that a labor deal to win 777X for Washington state might still be salvaged.
- UPDATE - 06:03 PM Patty Murray, Paul Ryan announce modest budget pact
- UPDATE - 05:16 PM Drill brought in to clear Bertha's path in tunnel
- UPDATE - 06:03 PM Federal Way man gets 40 months in attack on Sikh cabdriver
- Design of Amazon’s bubble building OK’d
- Chris Petersen seems an ideal fit for UW | Jerry Brewer
UPDATE - 05:17 PM State Senate majority plans to pick up where it left off last session
UPDATE - 06:12 PM Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
UPDATE - 06:03 PM Suit: Marine's body sent home to Pa. without heart
UPDATE - 05:28 PM US ban on high-risk bank trades approved
UPDATE - 06:03 PM Police move on protest camp in Ukrainian capital
UPDATE - 05:03 PM Correction: LA-Sheriff-Corruption story
- Capitol Hill light rail update: 'Extraordinarily lucky' thus far, construction moves on to Broadway's 'pedestrian concourse' | Capitol Hill Seattle Blog
- Lynnwood City Council extends marijuana moratoriums | Lynnwood Today
- Discovery Park gate: Magnolia attorney threatens federal lawsuit | Magnolia Voice
- Seattle Children's doctor offers tips to keep kids safe this holiday season | Seattle/Local Health Guide
- West Seattle Bee Garden: The buzz for what's in the works | West Seattle Blog
Few organizations can maintain a sense of innovation and excellence when the same individuals remain in control of the levers of power. Our police department is no different.David A. Perez, Maurice Classen, guest column: "The top 3 things Seattle needs in a new police chief"
- UPDATE - 05:31 PM Editorial: Public smoking, pot farms: the growing pains of marijuana legalization
- Editorial: State Supreme Court should take care when defining parenting
- Satanists raising Hell to an art form in Oklahoma City
- NEW - 05:08 PM Guest: Kshama Sawant unites Seattle’s socialist past and present
UPDATE - 05:57 PM Winter meetings day 2
Entertainment & Living
- 250 ways to enjoy the holidays in Seattle