Fresh off a 16-hour shift fighting the Carlton complex fire, Tanner Baker of Helena, Mont., and other crew members line up for dinner at the Omak fire camp before heading to their tents for rest. Eight-hours later they'll be heading back to the fire line. The camp, an instant but temporary town that opened on July 20, houses about 900 firefighters.
The Seahawks held firm to their stance of not giving the running back any “new’’ money. Lynch, meanwhile, got the assurance of a little more money that he wasn’t necessarily guaranteed to receive.
- Defendant hopes photos with Seattle officials will lighten his sentence
- Man gets 10 years for nightclub fire
- Ebola toll in Africa grows despite efforts to contain it
- Lynnwood detainee may be sent back to North Korea labor camp
- Lovick, two others vie for Snohomish County executive
- Mike Zunino’s late homer pushes Mariners past Cleveland, 6-5
UPDATE - 06:29 AM Ferries chief: Full service to return Saturday
UPDATE - 06:31 AM Inslee signs letter opposing coastal oil exploration
UPDATE - 06:35 AM Legislative candidate Jess Spear arrested in oil-train protest
NEW - 06:15 AM Missing Oregon woman may be in the San Juan Islands
UPDATE - 06:40 AM Seattle police arrest man suspected of hitting woman, baby in stroller
UPDATE - 06:50 AM 35 Palestinians killed, Israeli officer missing
UPDATE - 06:50 AM Cantor to resign from House seat in August
UPDATE - 06:50 AM CIA director reverses himself on Senate spying
Entertainment & Living
NEW - 05:30 AM A dog gets his day in 'Verona'
NEW - 05:35 AM Chvrches: Haunting, innocent indie-electro | Concert preview
Too many people talk about education as the great equalizer. Lance actually did something. You can too.Editorial: "Lance Dickie's legacy continues through The Seattle Times' school-supplies drive"
- Editorial: In November, make the right choice for universal pre-K in Seattle
- Editorial: Keep oil- and coal-train safety on track
- UPDATE - 06:33 AM Carrying on Lance Dickie's legacy with school supply drive
- Guest: Encouraging progress in the Seattle Police Department
- NEW - 06:04 AM Superintendent turnover: School Board explains relationship with José Banda
- Israel-Palestinian conflict: A mistaken belief that resolution would solve the conflict
- Seattle parks: Provide equal access for biking; don't limit it under Prop. 1
- Social Security: Take as much as you can early on
UPDATE - 06:41 AM Stocks down but US jobs report provides support