Touch-up work is being done on the underside of the entirely new South Park Bridge, a vital connector in the South Park community. It is expected to be fully functioning and open to the public this summer, although no specific date has been set. The aging and seismically vulnerable bridge closed June 2010.
The deputy is accused of helping his wife work as a prostitute and using the county’s computer system to check the backgrounds of her clients.
- UPDATE - 02:10 AM Transcript shows ferry captain delayed evacuation
- Next stop: The vote on the tax for Metro Transit, Proposition 1
- Putin admits Crimea troops were his, calls eastern Ukraine ‘new Russia’
- Boeing to close its last machine shop doing military work here
- Viewers sad to hear of KOMO anchor Dan Lewis’ retirement
UPDATE - 12:42 AM Deal reached on calming Ukraine tensions — for now
UPDATE - 12:57 AM Obama voices skepticism on Russia in Ukraine
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 01:19 AM Chelsea Clinton expecting first child this fall
Some advocates for a $15-per-hour minimum wage in Seattle oppose including health-care benefits because the benefits don't pay the rent. That's shortsighted.Dave Gering, guest column: "Consider health insurance in minimum-wage debate"
- Editorial: Reject pot scare tactics, like drug-dog patrols in schools
- Editorial: Surveying the future and preserving the past at the Green Mountain lookout
- An almost-united front on the fish-consumption issue
- Seattle Times editorial writers win Sigma Delta Chi award for marijuana editorials