The Seattle culinary gods giveth and taketh away. 2014 was no exception, with both closings and new beginnings. For instance, Marché, pictured above, closed, but Seattle sushi master Shiro Kashiba will open his own restaurant at the site, located near Pike Place Market, in 2015.
UPDATE - 05:54 PM
Source: Sony hacking linked to N. Korea
A U.S. official says investigators have connected the hacking to North Korea. A formal announcement is expected soon.
- Inslee targets top polluters with billion-dollar cap-and-trade plan
- Edmonds School Board reprimands Superintendent Brossoit
- FYI Guy: Explore this language diversity map of King County
- NEW - 04:39 PM Seattle police to ditch two-tone uniforms
- M’s acquire outfielder Justin Ruggiano
- Half as many Seahawks predicted to make the Pro Bowl
- Comcast says faster speeds ready, reboot at will | Brier Dudley
- Fund For The Needy donations on record pace
UPDATE - 05:58 PM Sony cancels 'The Interview' amid terror hack threats
UPDATE - 05:54 PM Obama says people should 'go to the movies'
UPDATE - 04:34 PM Russians flock to stores to pre-empt price rises
UPDATE - 04:07 PM Study: Alcatraz inmates could have survived escape
UPDATE - 05:58 PM 14 charged in deadly 2012 meningitis outbreak
Entertainment & Living
Even when challenges or misunderstandings arise, the truth is that we all want the same thing: safety for the public, protection for taxpayers and daylight for Bertha.Lynn Peterson guest column: "WSDOT explains the settling, liability and safety of the Highway 99 tunnel project"
NEW - 05:56 PM Mariners acquire Justin Ruggiano from Cubs
UPDATE - 05:46 PM Selling local spuds or jets to Cuba still faces obstacles