Cleveland High School senior fullback Ramsay Castillo’s tutelage has the Eagles soaring again — on and off the field. Castillo, wearing a baseball cap, helps fellow football player Micah Houston Freeman with his homework during an after-school study hall. At left is Robert Newman.
If I-591 passes along with I-594, which would expand background checks, the issue could go to the courts.
- It’s health-care decision time for some big employers
- Complaints mounted against sheriff’s civilian watchdog
- Monorail campaign stalling? Even named backers not along for ride
- UPDATE - 09:54 PM Backpage.com asks court to throw out sex trafficking suit
- Seattle drivers seeing red as bus-only lanes installed
- Hey, we’re world class! For terrible traffic | Danny Westneat
- Don’t expect Pete Carroll to change form on reclamation projects | Jerry Brewer
UPDATE - 10:25 PM North Korea releases American, raising hope for Bae
UPDATE - 11:09 PM Marine suspect transferred to Philippine detention
UPDATE - 11:16 PM Ebola victim's sister says hospital denied request
UPDATE - 10:43 PM Mormons address mystery surrounding undergarments
UPDATE - 11:16 PM FBI: Denver girls may have tried to join jihadis
UPDATE - 10:17 PM Indiana man was violent long before 7 killings
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 10:16 PM Noche Flamenca troupe puts a Spanish spin on Greek tragedy
- The Flavorful Four: Vote for your favorite Halloween candy
Inmates' families should not be taxed to stay in touch. That is a clear example of public policies being at cross-purposes: short-term revenue gained at the expense of long-term recidivism.Editorial: "FCC right to scrutinize exorbitant prison phone fees"
UPDATE - 10:04 PM Giants beat Royals in World Series opener
UPDATE - 10:06 PM In the Pac-12, South has risen | Bud Withers
UPDATE - 10:46 PM Sumner takes control in SPSL 3a girls soccer
UPDATE - 11:00 PM 2nd ship to join hunt for missing Malaysian plane