Firda Herryanddhy, marketing coordinator at Party @ Display & Costume in Seattle, holds up two popular costumes at the store — an Elsa costume from “Frozen” and an Alice in Wonderland. Costumes drawn from the movies "Frozen" and "Maleficent" are among the most sought-after this Halloween.
Seattle officials are exploring ways to solve the city’s homelessness problem, but finding the money is a challenge.
- UPDATE - 05:47 AM Showdown imminent over nurse's quarantine in Maine
- Boy, 9, taken from Seattle is located in South Pacific; father is in custody
- Poll: Voters’ top concerns are schools, gun laws
- Tulalip Tribes: Some children dread school because of threats
- Microsoft lays off 3,000 more, including 638 in region
- Source: Murder-suicide linked to abuse accusation
- Dying woman, 29, completes ‘bucket-list’ trip
- Daily Rant & Rave: Turn down the heat
UPDATE - 05:53 AM Tim Cook: 'I'm proud to be gay'
NEW - 05:27 AM Senate control could turn on 2 independents
Entertainment & Living
NEW - 05:22 AM Orson Welles' last film may finally be released
- Tasty Two: Will Twix or Reese's be crowned best Halloween candy?
The FBI's actions in this case undermined the credibility of press organizations who hold government accountable -- and that matters.Editorial: "FBI exploited press credibility in bomb ruse"
- Editorial: In 45th District race, look past the political spin
- Editorial: The Times recommends to approve Highline Public Schools bond measure
- U.S. Ebola workers should self-quarantine before coming home
- Guest: Compassion needed to tackle youth justice in King County