The Stinson family is part of a core group of volunteers who have taken days off work to be at the mudslide site, running the fire-department kitchen, hosting out-of-town workers and doing many other tasks. The Stinsons have opened their Oso home to relatives and family friends who volunteer in shifts.
Enrolling more people in Medicaid has been one of the most successful initiatives in the Affordable Care Act. But it also brings new challenges.
- UPDATE - 08:36 AM Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Charges added against Seattle lawyer accused of rapes
- Jerry Large: The way we treat workers won’t work
- At 50, Ford Mustang still revs hearts
- UW's Damore'ea Stringfellow sentenced to work crew for assault
- Rice set to re-sign with Seahawks
UPDATE - 08:15 AM All 39 victims identified in Snohomish County mudslide
UPDATE - 08:36 AM Putin hopes no need to send troops into Ukraine
UPDATE - 08:36 AM Tiny power plants hold promise for nuclear energy
UPDATE - 08:38 AM Robber who was homesick for prison to be sentenced
UPDATE - 07:24 AM Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
Entertainment & Living
NEW - 07:05 AM April 17 TV Picks: Season finale of ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ on ABC
He comes from a place where obligations to family and community, not individual ambitions, shape a life.Krista Bremer, guest column: "When you're a white American married to a minority Muslim"
- Editorial: Rodney Tom leaves legacy of bipartisanship in Olympia
- UPDATE - 06:37 AM Seattle Times editorial writers win Sigma Delta Chi award for marijuana editorials
- UPDATE - 06:42 AM An almost-united front on the fish-consumption issue
UPDATE - 07:54 AM Husky football poll: How should UW punish Damore'ea Stringfellow?