NORTHWEST WANDERINGS: Santa makes his way to hear Christmas wishes from one of the 300 passengers recently on the Mount Rainier Scenic Railroad's Santa Express run in Lewis County. At left, John Graddon, fireman on the railroad, readies the train's 1929 steam engine for the trip.
President Obama on Friday said that Sony "made a mistake" in shelving "The Interview," which is at the center of cyberattacks traced to the communist government in North Korea.
- Prosecutors weigh sex assault charges against indoor soccer-team owner
- Tainted caramel apples tied to 5 deaths
- Mayor calls for more tent cities to shelter homeless
- 2 killed, 3 injured in Redmond collision
- Jurors selected for first trial in 2007 Carnation killings
- It’s beginning to look a lot like ... winter ... lots of rain
- Haggen plans to buy 146 stores
- Bill takes aim at state Supreme Court
- Hawks close to completing a stunning turnaround | Jerry Brewer
- Prime year for a state lying contest | Danny Westneat
NEW - 06:00 AM Daily Rant&Rave: Dogs aren't allowed on Seattle beaches
- Times Investigation: Why license plates have cost us so much
Entertainment & Living
NEW - 06:15 AM Winterfest, Native art holiday sale | Community Corner
NEW - 06:05 AM ‘Archie’ comics getting a makeover
Some of the wording in the new law could be clarified. But from my experience, I just don't view the concept of background checks as a huge burden.Thanh Tan blog post: "A glimpse inside Washington's gun culture after Initiative 594 "