STEVE RINGMAN / THE SEATTLE TIMES
The Seattle Times Fund For The Needy benefits 12 agencies that help the hungry, homeless and vulnerable. Throughout the fall and winter, The Times is sharing how the organizations make a difference in the lives of thousands and the impact donors can make.
USGS scientists think they’ve discovered the fault responsible for an 1872 earthquake that was one of Washington’s largest.
- UPDATE - 02:54 PM Attorney: Ferguson grand jury has reached decision
- UPDATE - 02:54 PM Obama announces Hagel resignation from Pentagon
- State AG: Police don't need consent to record with body cams
- Mariners, Kyle Seager reportedly agree to 7-year, $100M extension
- Team meeting produces a unified effort by Seahawks | Jerry Brewer
- Daily Rant & Rave: Give 90-year-old man his cane back
UPDATE - 02:03 PM Michele Flournoy tops Pentagon shortlist
UPDATE - 01:04 PM Fears of major flooding in snowbound Buffalo ease
UPDATE - 02:54 PM Police: Video of officer shooting boy is 'clear'
UPDATE - 12:54 PM Driver fatigue may have caused California crash
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 02:48 PM In wake of Spotify pullout, music industry debates streaming
All that's left is for Gov. Jay Inslee to show his hand, and avoid being just another act following what's now recalled as a killer performance.Robert J. Vickers column: "Is Gov. Jay Inslee an absentee governor or a patient strategist?"
- Editorial: Mayor Murray’s smart move to entice foreign trade to Seattle
- Bill Cosby, serial rapist? That’s a lot to forgive
- Guest: How Alaska bucked the trend of salmon loss — but that’s in jeopardy
- Is Gov. Jay Inslee an absentee governor or a patient strategist? | Robert J. Vickers / Times editorial columnist
UPDATE - 02:54 PM Automakers aim to drive away car computer hackers
UPDATE - 02:43 PM Microsoft sues IRS for details of tax probe contract
UPDATE - 02:45 PM US stocks inch further into record territory
- ‘Battle in Seattle’ and the WTO legacy | Jon Talton
- Espresso maker for a mere $7,000 | Sunday Buzz