Seattle Mayor Ed Murray spoke today at about the effort to raise the city's minimum wage to $15 an hour, after a committee failed to reach a deal between business and labor on Wednesday. Behind him are the co-chairs of the Income Inequality Advisory Committee, David Rolf, left, and Howard Wright.
UPDATE - 03:33 PM
Rush-hour trips, late suburban bus service on Metro’s cut list
The first wave of King County Metro Transit cuts in September will focus on reducing peak-time trips, rather than leaving cities or neighborhoods completely stranded.
- State is first to lose No Child waiver
- Log wall at base of mudslide hill required repeated repairs
- Source: Ex-Boston police commissioner is candidate for SPD chief
- UPDATE - 03:49 PM Microsoft's 3Q earnings beat analysts' expectations
- UPDATE - 05:40 PM NHL commissioner nixes Seattle expansion plans
- NEW - 04:50 PM Nick Franklin, Erasmo Ramirez sent down by Mariners
UPDATE - 05:31 PM Ukraine moves against insurgents in the east
NEW - 05:40 PM Everest climbers say base camp feels unsafe as Sherpas argue
UPDATE - 05:31 PM Gunman kills 3 Americans at Kabul hospital
UPDATE - 05:42 PM FDA eases into regulating e-cigarettes
UPDATE - 05:41 PM US proposes pay-for-priority Internet standards
UPDATE - 04:20 PM Nevada rancher condemned for racist remarks
Entertainment & Living
Poor planning and wrongheaded federal rules have put Washington's nationally lauded chemical-dependency treatment community in critical condition...Jonathan Martin, column: "Obamacare's drug problem"
- Editorial: After failure of King County Prop. 1, hard work on Metro needed
- NEW - 04:31 PM Editorial: Crack down on online prostitution sites like backpage.com
- Poll: Do you want Aereo to expand to Seattle?
- UPDATE - 04:15 PM Apart from Seattle’s minimum-wage debate, America needs a pay raise | Lance Dickie / Times editorial columnist
- UPDATE - 04:13 PM High-school counselors: Training won’t create time for advising
- Bicycle Master Plan: Require training, exams, licensing and toll collection for bicyclists
- The Legislature needs to pass a transportation package that includes transit funding
- $15 minimum wage would result in reduced server wages, quality of service
NEW - 05:37 PM Marcus Trufant officially retires as a Seahawk
UPDATE - 05:31 PM Starbucks to enter soda wars this summer
UPDATE - 04:34 PM Amazon’s slim profits meet analyst expectations
UPDATE - 04:42 PM Starbucks eyes soda and lunch as US sales climb