FIT FOR LIFE: Nicole Tsong mashes down fresh cabbage for a batch of probiotic sauerkraut. Probiotics are known to aid digestion and keep harmful bacteria in check, making it harder for pathogens and viruses to establish themselves.
In the 25 years since the Exxon Valdez spill, oil exports from Alaska have waned. But the fossil-fuel industry has now turned its attention to the Pacific Northwest.
- Suspensions hit minorities, special-ed students hardest, data show
- NEW - 08:39 PM Photos suggest many Russians among men seizing Ukraine sites
- UPDATE - 07:41 PM Silverdale boy, 12, killed as he and 3 other Scouts try to roll log
- Oso donations show power of crowdfunding
- Prop. 1: Isn’t there a better way to fund transit?
- UPDATE - 09:21 PM Grim work for families as more bodies discovered on sunken ferry
- Survivors describe roar of ice, panic amid Mount Everest avalanche
UPDATE - 08:33 PM After-Hours Clinic a partnership of health-care David and Goliath
UPDATE - 09:28 PM Tips are top concern for some in $15 minimum-wage debate
UPDATE - 09:30 PM Public smoke-out marks pot holiday in Colorado
UPDATE - 09:21 PM Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
Entertainment & Living
- Editorial: House should adopt act to prevent veteran suicide
- Editorial: Seattle needs to ease up on the rush to a $15 minimum wage
- Race and Obama news coverage | Leonard Pitts Jr. / Syndicated columnist
- Reader submissions on the Bicycle Master Plan: How would it work to make cyclists pay?
UPDATE - 08:32 PM Mariners lose sixth straight game, fall to Marlins 3-2
UPDATE - 08:12 PM O’Dea coach seeking to raise everyone’s lacrosse IQ
UPDATE - 08:22 PM UW’s new coaching staff preaching brotherhood
UPDATE - 08:41 PM Scat Daddybaby wins star-studded feature race at Emerald Downs
UPDATE - 08:40 PM Brawl erupts in Brewers-Pirates game / Baseball notebook
NEW - 08:00 PM Monoprice takes on world of retail electronics
NEW - 08:00 PM Joan Crooks is CEO of 2 environmental groups
UPDATE - 06:57 PM Entrepreneur Rich Barton a believer in power to the consumer