With Proposition 1 trailing, King County officials said they will proceed with plans for cutting as many as one-sixth of bus-service hours just as ridership is climbing, a scenario officials have warned about for months. Above, bus riders commute during the 5 p.m. rush hour, in downtown Seattle.
UPDATE - 11:10 AM
Boeing CEO: Job transfers will strengthen company
Jim McNerney justified the work transfers — a loss of more than 4,300 jobs locally — as a way to leverage engineering talent available elsewhere in the company.
- UPDATE - 11:35 AM Exchange sign-ups for private insurance reach past 164K
- Cost to fix Bertha may top $125M, but who will pay?
- Obama visits mudslide site, says Oso’s strength ‘should inspire us all’
- UPDATE - 11:48 AM Supreme Court limits awards to child-porn victims
- Westneat: WWU’s president is right: The world is changing; deal with it
UPDATE - 11:54 AM Insurers, hospitals complain to Kreidler about new rules
UPDATE - 11:55 AM Amid Russian warning, Ukraine's in a security bind
UPDATE - 11:55 AM SKorea ferry toll hits 156 as search gets tougher
UPDATE - 09:56 AM Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
UPDATE - 11:45 AM Michigan man among 1st in US to get 'bionic eye'
UPDATE - 11:55 AM 9th suspect in NC kidnapping turns self in to FBI
UPDATE - 10:38 AM Airport security vulnerabilities not uncommon
UPDATE - 10:23 AM Gacy case helps solve unrelated Chicago area death
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 11:52 AM Lupita Nyong'o named People's 'Most Beautiful'
UPDATE - 11:52 AM Justin Bieber apologizes for Japan war shrine trip
Transit is vital to the region's economy and quality of life — King County can and should do better.Editorial: "Vote no on King County Proposition 1"
- Editorial: A disconnect for state’s 911 system
- Editorial: All eyes on May 25 presidential election in Ukraine
- A Nevada cattle rancher rustles up a Western land grab
- At long last, Washington lawmakers draw the line on tuition
UPDATE - 09:56 AM Bring back the NBA to Seattle, but don't call them the Sonics