Seattleites Shannon and Mike Mills have rented out their house and quit their jobs to travel around the world on a three-year motorcycle trip with their dog, Ducati. They call their philosophy of prioritizing adventure within the context of a normal life "sustainable unaccountability." The Mills are just one of several families planning worldwide trips.
City had planned to make the bike lane a protected route in about two weeks.
- NEW - 08:48 PM Burn site in Auburn raises homicide suspicions
- UPDATE - 09:53 PM Anti-Ebola drug works in trial with monkeys
- NEW - 09:17 PM Pierce County judge upholds Fife ban on pot businesses
- Danny Westneat: Right wing launches misguided protest against Labor Day
- UPDATE - 08:15 PM Terrelle Pryor to be released by Seahawks
- Mariners: Montero’s season over after altercation with scout
- Mariners vs. Nationals
NEW - 09:52 PM $1M from Bloomberg group to background-check campaign
UPDATE - 09:54 PM Bellevue now denies drain filters caused flood damage
UPDATE - 09:53 PM At heart of Syria fears, extremists returning home
UPDATE - 09:52 PM Federal judge blocks key part of Texas law on abortion clinics
NEW - 09:24 PM McConnell’s campaign manager resigns over 2012 scandal
UPDATE - 09:54 PM President speaks to Americans’ unease over world events
NEW - 09:28 PM Average full-time workweek clocks in at 47 hours
Entertainment & Living
NEW - 12:13 PM Greek yogurt you’ll swear came from the gods | Taste
Most kids head back to school next week, but more can be done to help children from poor families get ready for the challenges of a new year.Editorial: "Still time to help students with school-supply drive"
- Editorial: In wake of Ferguson, expand Seattle police outreach to more communities of color
- Editorial: Seattle needs to help Nickelsville instead of sticking it to Little Saigon
- Editorial notebook: What are your discoveries, disasters about moving to Seattle?
- Guest: Coping with the angst of dropping off your child at college
UPDATE - 08:28 PM Chris Petersen’s first UW game: Prepare to be impressed | Jerry Brewer
UPDATE - 08:23 PM Raiders 41, Seahawks 31: Three things we learned
UPDATE - 09:14 PM UW vs. Hawaii: Chris Petersen era set to begin
UPDATE - 08:10 PM Chad Barrett making most of chance with Sounders
UPDATE - 09:29 PM What’s new in back-to-school tech gadgets