Capturing a real-estate video he narrates in Chinese, Joseph Ho pays close attention to a hand-painted ceiling. Buyers from China have inquired about the 5,540-square-foot house, listed for almost $5 million. Experts say China's superrich are investing in Seattle-area real estate in growing numbers.
A big market and a new commissioner might open the door for Seattle to get an expansion team.
- IRS was perplexed, inundated with tax-exempt applications
- Despite predictions, premiums under 'Obamacare' law remain same
- Cancer survivor exudes calm in Legislature’s budget battles
- It’s time to limit presidency to one term | Danny Westneat
- Harley Hoppe, colorful assessor, dies
- Sounders knock off FC Dallas; extend unbeaten streak to six
- LIVE Mariners vs. Cleveland
UPDATE - 11:31 AM Coast Guard to take testimony on Shell grounding
UPDATE - 11:21 AM Making mentally ill defendants ready for trial
- Seattle/Local Health Guide | How to control your seasonal allergies
- West Seattle Blog | West Seattle Sunday: WS5K; Summer Streets, with bike parade; Bee Garden parade/festival; more
- Capitol Hill Seattle Blog | 12th Ave still hopping despite end of street festival
- Shoreline Area News | Fly fishing at Animal Acres
- Three Sheets Northwest | Harmless red algae blooms showing up on Puget Sound
My college guidance in high school was trial and error. I took the SAT test without preparing for it and applied to colleges I had never visited.Lynne K. Varner, column: "Helping high-school students navigate the next step"
Entertainment & Living
- Watch the winners of the 2013 3-Minute Masterpiece film contest