Over the years, members of West Seattle's Masonic Temple could have sold their now-primo property to developers. They haven't. Now they'll share the block with a 389-unit complex. Above, Elmer Lindseth, 90, one of the longest-serving members, sits outside the massive Lodge Room.
A proposal by the Obama administration to take away the tax-free status of college savings accounts could spell trouble for Washington state’s Guaranteed Education Tuition plan.
- West Seattle Masons hold onto their priceless old island in new Seattle
- Bill would further limit restraint, seclusion of special-ed students
- Bastyr abandons plans for seminary building renovation
- Measles outbreak casts spotlight on anti-vaccine movement
- Guess who’s discovered income inequality | Danny Westneat
NEW - 06:01 AM Seattle artists picture Seahawk moments
NEW - 06:00 AM Daily Rant&Rave: Chatty young kids disrupt PG-13 movie
UPDATE - 06:18 AM Airlines cancel thousands of flights ahead of Northeast snow
UPDATE - 06:21 AM Obama takes in India's grand Republic Day parade
NEW - 05:49 AM Sex-abuse civil trial to unveil Boy Scout 'perversion' files
UPDATE - 06:18 AM Survivors visit Auschwitz a day ahead of 70th anniversary
UPDATE - 06:21 AM Islamic State group nearly pushed out of Syria's Kobani
UPDATE - 06:18 AM Japan seeks Jordan's help on gaining hostage's release
NEW - 06:06 AM First Look: Sundance doc pulls back curtain on Scientology
UPDATE - 06:21 AM Cuban youth build secret computer network despite Wi-Fi ban
Entertainment & Living
NEW - 06:01 AM What about TV is now attracting top directors?
UPDATE - 05:43 AM Miss Colombia crowned Miss Universe in Miami
NEW - 06:06 AM Sundance Watch: 'Cobain' premieres, women talk Hollywood
NEW - 06:15 AM Jan. 26 TV Picks: ‘Ellen’s Design Challenge’ on HGTV
NEW - 06:06 AM Quotes from the Screen Actors Guild Awards
While we should fix NCLB, we can't afford to stop holding states and schools accountable for the education of their students.Patty Murray guest column: "Congress needs to fix outdated federal No Child Left Behind education law"
- Editorial: Washington students need better laws at federal and state level
- Google Glass joins the failure hall of fame | Froma Harrop / Syndicated columnist
- Why serious people discount Fox News | Leonard Pitts Jr. / Syndicated columnist
NEW - 04:19 AM BP to call witnesses as it fights for lesser spill penalty
UPDATE - 06:21 AM Tsipras sworn in as new Greek prime minister