A tornado as much as a mile wide roared through the Oklahoma City suburbs Monday, flattening entire neighborhoods and destroying two elementary schools. Damage to Plaza Towers Elementary School is shown above. Briarwood Elementary School was also destroyed. At least 51 people, including at least 20 children, were reported killed.
The Eastside developer plans 2 million square feet of additional retail, office, hotel and residential space at Northeast 4th Street and Bellevue Way.
- West Seattle Blog | West Seattleites behind the scenes at NW Folklife Festival
- Inside Bainbridge | Bainbridge Police Bust Multi-County Safeway Booze Burglar
- ParentMap | Teenworthy: My Fight on Cancer
- Inside Bainbridge | With 61 Young Victims, Upskirt Voyeur to Be Released in Time for Father's Day
- Shoreline Area News | Tent City 3 returns to Shoreline
The term "illegal immigrant" is dehumanizing, derogatory and destructive. . . . Humans are not illegal. Only their actions can be illegal.Hugo Balta, guest: "Stop using the term 'illegal immigrants' "
- Emeritus lawyers up for appeal of verdict | Sunday Buzz
Entertainment & Living
- Watch the winners of the 2013 3-Minute Masterpiece film contest