EDUCATION LAB: Shelter Gimbel-Sherr, 10, prepares for an MRI with researcher Zoe Mestre and radiologist Todd Richards as part of a brain study at the University of Washington. Scientists are figuring out what happens as children learn, and how parents and schools can help those who struggle.
UPDATE - 09:00 PM
U.S., partners begin airstrikes in Syria
BREAKING The airstrikes against Islamic State militants use a mix of fighter jets, bombers and Tomahawk missiles fired from ships in the region.
- UPDATE - 08:15 PM What would possible 15% cut mean for state’s colleges?
- Study: Emissions aren’t the cause of West Coast warming
- NEW - 08:56 PM Seattle will fine for adding too much food to garbage bins
- Americans fear religion is losing influence, survey finds
- NEW - 09:14 PM Climate activist gives $1M to fight over control of state Senate
- NEW - 09:03 PM Bremerton-Seattle ferry wasn’t really overloaded; no need to turn back
- Seahawk DeShawn Shead’s proposal after Broncos game took months of secret planning
- UPDATE - 08:29 PM Mariners’ pitching implodes in 14-4 loss at Toronto
UPDATE - 07:22 PM Corrections: Woman gives birth in Anchorage jail
NEW - 08:22 PM Amnesty blasts China for selling tools made for torture
UPDATE - 07:41 PM Fiji’s climate change and Seattle | Close-up
UPDATE - 08:53 PM Islamic State militants kill 40 Iraqi troops
UPDATE - 09:05 PM Bear suspected to have killed New Jersey hiker
UPDATE - 09:05 PM Prosecutor: 800 rounds found in intruder case
Entertainment & Living
What the state does not need is a revenue patch-job from legislators that ends up on the ballot and is rejected by voters. What will the Supreme Court do then? Hold the voters in contempt?Lisa Macfarlane, guest column: "What to ask state candidates about education"
- Editorials: Small changes to apodment rules could have big results
- Editorial: A Band-Aid for the Export-Import Bank
- No deal in Congress on Ex-Im Bank points to problems in both Washingtons
- Finding hope in the margins | Thanh Tan / Times editorial columnist
UPDATE - 08:52 PM Chris Petersen says UW needs ‘A’ game starting Saturday against Stanford
UPDATE - 08:29 PM Coach Pete Carroll: Seahawks have “grown” during first three weeks
UPDATE - 09:22 PM Huskies head into key Pac-12 game still somewhat a mystery | Larry Stone
- Gates inspires, polarizes as he delves into many fields | Jon Talton
- Spurlock, Vulcan vow exciting econ series | Sunday Buzz