A group moves Tent City 3 in on the lawn of Seattle Pacific University's Student Union Building recently. On Thursday, Mayor Ed Murray's emergency task force on homelessness suggested that the city allow more tent cities, in addition to other recommendations. Murray will weigh in Friday by identifying what recommendations he will pursue.
"We've got to buck up and invest in our state," the governor said as he proposed a $39 billion, two-year budget.
- Sue Rahr named to Obama task force on policing
- UPDATE - 06:17 PM Group challenges Plum Creek’s ‘green lumber’ label
- Redfin closes $71 million deal
- NEW - 06:45 PM State health exchange in close vote to give billing to insurers
- UPDATE - 05:44 PM Edmonds School Board reprimands Superintendent Brossoit
- Dow soars 400 points, led by rally in tech sector
- UPDATE - 04:53 PM Seahawks sign K.J. Wright to four-year extension
- Times series on ocean changes wins major multimedia award
NEW - 04:51 PM ‘Prison Houdini’ set to make his first legal escape
UPDATE - 06:59 PM Digital dilemma: How will US respond to Sony hack?
Entertainment & Living
Even when challenges or misunderstandings arise, the truth is that we all want the same thing: safety for the public, protection for taxpayers and daylight for Bertha.Lynn Peterson guest column: "WSDOT explains the settling, liability and safety of the Highway 99 tunnel project"
UPDATE - 06:30 PM 2014-15 college bowl preview: Plenty to see here | Bud Withers
UPDATE - 06:15 PM Juno Therapeutics prices IPO at $24