A bald eagle leaves its mossy perch above the Upper Skagit River near Marblemount, Skagit County. It's time for eagles to gather on rivers and lakes across the region so we've rounded up details on some of the best eagle-spotting locales, festivals and resources.
UPDATE - 03:41 PM
Negotiators reach modest deal on federal budget
Sen. Patty Murray, D-Wash., and Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis., plan to announce details on the budget agreement to restore about $65 billion in automatic spending cuts. The House and Senate are expected to vote on the pact by week's end.
- UPDATE - 01:56 PM Drill brought in to clear Bertha's path in tunnel
- UPDATE - 01:38 PM State seeks delay for solution on 'boarding' mentally ill
- Seattle to pay $235K to resolve lawsuits over arrest
- UPDATE - 02:01 PM Design of Amazon’s bubble building OK’d
- Chris Petersen seems an ideal fit for UW | Jerry Brewer
UPDATE - 03:41 PM Poll: Americans better understand, still don't love, health-care reform
UPDATE - 03:41 PM Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
UPDATE - 03:42 PM Suit: Marine's body sent home to Pa. without heart
UPDATE - 03:41 PM US ban on high-risk bank trades approved
UPDATE - 03:41 PM Police move on protest camp in Ukrainian capital
UPDATE - 03:35 PM 18 LA sheriff's officials charged in jail probe
UPDATE - 02:09 PM Court: Exec guilty over faulty French implants
- Capitol Hill light rail update: 'Extraordinarily lucky' thus far, construction moves on to Broadway's 'pedestrian concourse' | Capitol Hill Seattle Blog
- Lynnwood City Council extends marijuana moratoriums | Lynnwood Today
- Discovery Park gate: Magnolia attorney threatens federal lawsuit | Magnolia Voice
- Seattle Children's doctor offers tips to keep kids safe this holiday season | Seattle/Local Health Guide
- West Seattle Bee Garden: The buzz for what's in the works | West Seattle Blog
Few organizations can maintain a sense of innovation and excellence when the same individuals remain in control of the levers of power. Our police department is no different.David A. Perez, Maurice Classen, guest column: "The top 3 things Seattle needs in a new police chief"
- Editorial: State Supreme Court should take care when defining parenting
- Editorial: Try the $15 wage in SeaTac before imposing it in Seattle
- Satanists raising Hell to an art form in Oklahoma City
- Guest: Why Boeing and the Machinists need to come back to the table
UPDATE - 02:29 PM Winter meetings day 2
Entertainment & Living
NEW - 02:47 PM ‘Rosemary’s Baby’ remake is due next year, NBC says
UPDATE - 03:34 PM Jazz guitarist master Jim Hall dies at 83
UPDATE - 03:34 PM Julie Andrews missed NBC's live 'Sound of Music'
UPDATE - 02:24 PM New Johnny Cash album to be released next spring
UPDATE - 01:41 PM Bacharach calls musical of his songs a 'valentine'
- 250 ways to enjoy the holidays in Seattle
- Holiday recipes: 14 dishes from some of Seattle's best chefs
UPDATE - 03:43 PM Group wants Fisher Price iPad bouncy seat recall
UPDATE - 03:43 PM Pa. students' robotic arm can make you stronger