The first of the 2,000 customers lined up for today's grand opening of the Nordstrom in Chinook Centre walk through the department store's doors. The store in Calgary, Canada is the Seattle retailer's international debut.
Workers behind the machine have started building the double-decker Highway 99 roadway at the Sodo end.
- Bellevue’s Concur sold to SAP for $8.3B
- Inner-tube robber ‘D.B. Tuber’ now free, warning about life of crime
- Mayor’s plan would ensure work goes to poor, jobless in Seattle
- Two children are first cases of Enterovirus in the state
- UPDATE - 12:41 PM France bombs Islamic State group's depot in Iraq
- UPDATE - 12:45 PM Goodell: ‘Same mistakes can never be repeated’
UPDATE - 11:24 AM Oak Harbor police say man impersonated retired cop for decades
UPDATE - 12:45 PM After vote to stay in UK, Scots must heal divide
UPDATE - 11:25 AM Ig Nobel winner: Using pork to stop nosebleeds
UPDATE - 11:25 AM NOAA: Yet more global heat records fall in August
UPDATE - 12:42 PM AP EXCLUSIVE: CIA halts spying in Europe
Entertainment & Living
In fact, the most important issue — the risk to human life — is not explicitly considered in routine landslide-hazard assessments.Joseph Wartman, guest column: "How to avert the next Oso landslide disaster"
- Editorial: The Times recommends Jeanne Kohl-Welles, Reuven Carlyle and Gael Tarleton in the 36th District
- Editorial: How the Ray Rice incident can help stop domestic violence
- Does Seattle feel richer this year than last?
- Take a tour with 'da mayor' of Seattle Dick Falkenbury
UPDATE - 12:39 PM Nordstrom opens first store in Canada