FIRST IMPRESSIONS: For all the pressure that the aggressive, blitzing Arizona defense generated on Sunday, the Seahawks were still the best defense on the field. It was both a classic performance and a crucial victory. Above, Seahawks tight end Cooper Helfet brings in a 20-yard pass from Russell Wilson for a touchdown during the third quarter.
FIRST IMPRESSIONS: A 52nd-minute goal was the lone tally as the L.A. Galaxy beat the Sounders 1-0 in the first leg of the Western Conference finals.
- Zoo to elephant activists: You wanted them moved, right? | The Wrap / Ron Judd
UPDATE - 05:15 PM Obama: Americans want 'new car smell' in 2016
UPDATE - 06:20 PM Admiral denies role in counterfeiting casino chips
UPDATE - 06:20 PM Anxieties mount as Ferguson waits on grand jury
UPDATE - 06:20 PM AP Exclusive: Letter that inspired Kerouac found
UPDATE - 05:24 PM AP sources: Obama broadens mission in Afghanistan
UPDATE - 06:20 PM Church members each get $500 to do good for world
Entertainment & Living
The focus for all lawmakers should be to ensure that new investment in education is tied to a demonstrable reversing of disappointing outcomes for students.Editorial: "Voters have returned a delicate balancing act to Olympia"
Nothing about him is hard to understand. He’s all about that action, boss. The media people are all about the chatter, and chatter is not something that interests Mr. Lynch. Is that so hard to understand?Comment by "Bisquick McBob" on "Marshawn Lynch is impossible to understand but beloved by Seahawks teammates"
- Editorial: Mayor Murray’s smart move to entice foreign trade to Seattle
- Editorial: President Obama did what Congress would not and acted on immigration
- Guest: How Alaska bucked the trend of salmon loss — but that’s in jeopardy
- Is Gov. Jay Inslee an absentee governor or a patient strategist? | Robert J. Vickers / Times editorial columnist
NEW - 04:21 PM Bruins make it look easy in battle of L.A.
UPDATE - 05:25 PM UK police: up to 5 terror plots foiled this year