Touch-up work is being done on the underside of the entirely new South Park Bridge, a vital connector in the South Park community. It is expected to be fully functioning and open to the public this summer, although no specific date has been set. Its aging and seismically vulnerable predecessor closed June 2010.
The deputy is accused of helping his wife work as a prostitute and using the county’s computer system to check the backgrounds of her clients.
- Transcript shows ferry captain delayed evacuation
- Next stop: The vote on the tax for Metro Transit, Proposition 1
- Boeing to close its last machine shop doing military work here
- UPDATE - 06:12 AM 12 Nepalese guides killed in avalanche on Everest
- Viewers sad to hear of KOMO anchor Dan Lewis’ retirement
UPDATE - 05:58 AM Clinton White House documents set for release
Entertainment & Living
NEW - 06:15 AM Zaina expands north, stays tasty | Dining Deal
NEW - 06:00 AM Curious about Mighty Tieton?
Some advocates for a $15-per-hour minimum wage in Seattle oppose including health-care benefits because the benefits don't pay the rent. That's shortsighted.Dave Gering, guest column: "Consider health insurance in minimum-wage debate"
- Editorial: Reject pot scare tactics, like drug-dog patrols in schools
- Editorial: Surveying the future and preserving the past at the Green Mountain lookout
- An almost-united front on the fish-consumption issue
- Seattle Times editorial writers win Sigma Delta Chi award for marijuana editorials