TRAINING CAMP PREVIEW: As the Seahawks prepare to defend their Super Bowl title, 43 of the 53 players on last year’s roster return, including the four pictured above. Clockwise from top left: Running back Marshawn Lynch; quarterback Russell Wilson; right tackle Michael Bowie; receiver Percy Harvin, who will return kicks this season, did so for a touchdown in the Super Bowl.
The Oso slide was the deadliest in U.S. history, but a new report says the North Fork of the Stillaguamish has been hit by 15 similar slides in the past 6,000 years.
- UPDATE - 08:49 PM Thousands remain without power from fire; floods still a danger
- UPDATE - 07:17 PM Today's rain breaks record
- UPDATE - 08:29 PM Judge dismisses excessive-force claim against SPD
- UPDATE - 08:52 PM Inmate dies 2 hours after execution began
- NEW - 07:40 PM Kent woman charged with funding al-Qaida-linked group
- Boeing profit rises, but tanker program worries analysts
UPDATE - 08:50 PM Pot growers worry wildfires will slow deliveries to retailers
UPDATE - 08:52 PM City Light investigating morning fire at Broad Street substation
UPDATE - 08:13 PM 40 bodies from jet solemnly returned to Dutch soil
UPDATE - 08:13 PM US pushes for truce as Gaza battle rages
UPDATE - 07:33 PM Glitch crashes global US passport, visa operations
UPDATE - 08:13 PM Social Security spent $300M on 'IT boondoggle'
UPDATE - 07:13 PM U.S. craft brewers tapping overseas markets
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 07:53 PM The ‘Mikado’ controversy: A call for calm discourse
The region has been through a lot since I arrived in 1988. Mood swings, economic swings and lots of chatter.Lance Dickie column: "Puget Sound's tenacity of spirit"
UPDATE - 08:54 PM Bowl game was nice but Cougars have bigger plans this year
UPDATE - 08:35 PM Sounders sign former Timbers midfielder Aaron Long
UPDATE - 08:50 PM Seahawks receiver Sidney Rice retires at age 27
- 2014 World Cup coverage
- Solid expansion taking hold in Tacoma | Jon Talton