University of Washington students pass a 28-foot-tall inflatable installation, appearing to wear some purple. It's entitled "Lone Stranger," a 2014 work by Piper O'Neill, part of "Mad Campus," an outdoor public art exhibition on Seattle's UW campus. Classes at the UW start on Wednesday.
UPDATE - 07:00 PM
First wave of airstrikes focused on cell poised to attack U.S. or Europe
The one-two-three punch of American and Arab airstrikes against Islamic State militants in Syria and Iraq was just the beginning, President Barack Obama and other leaders declared Tuesday.
- Study says natural factors, not humans, behind West Coast warming
- UPDATE - 06:34 PM Starbucks to buy out Japanese partner for $913 million
- Seattle will fine for adding too much food to garbage bins
- UPDATE - 06:55 PM Simpson Lumber explores possible sale
- UPDATE - 07:20 PM Pastor: UPS gunman was ‘troubled’ over work
- U.S. Soccer stands by decision, allows Hope Solo to play
- Shead’s proposal after Broncos game took months of secret planning
- Seahawks back atop most NFL power rankings, but who put them No. 6?
UPDATE - 05:47 PM High-speed chase on I-5 ends near Lynnwood with 1 arrest
UPDATE - 07:21 PM Ex-al-Qaida spokesman gets life prison term in NY
NEW - 06:33 PM Homeless help from repurposed parking meters? Results mixed
UPDATE - 06:53 PM Turkey considers military role against ISIL
UPDATE - 07:32 PM Wind energy proposal would light Los Angeles homes
Entertainment & Living
He studied in shelters, seeking light wherever he could between tents occupied by others battling homelessness, mental illness and sometimes drug addiction.Thanh Tan, column: "Finding hope in the margins"
- Editorial: After vote on action in Iraq and Syria, Congress should continue cooperation
- Editorials: Small changes to apodment rules could have big results
- Guest: What questions to ask state candidates about transportation
- Washington's return to private prisons?
UPDATE - 07:11 PM Sounders, Dallas FC could be conference semifinal preview
UPDATE - 07:17 PM Will UW defensive front meet its match in Stanford offensive line?
UPDATE - 07:32 PM What Seahawks learned: Exploding Marshawn Lynch myth and more
UPDATE - 07:08 PM At Clinton summit, Ashesi pledges to boost women engineers