The Food and Drug Administration has proposed rules for e-cigarettes that would ban sales to anyone under 18, add warning labels and require FDA approval for new products. The rules will have big implications for a fast-growing industry and its customers, but the trickiest issues, such as whether flavors should be banned or TV ads limited, have been delayed.
UPDATE - 11:43 PM
Rush-hour trips and night bus service on Metro's list to cut
In the first wave of cuts, 30 Metro routes will end Sept. 27 and 12 routes will be scaled back. Three more rounds of deeper cuts are envisioned.
- Mayor: Accord on minimum wage needs more time
- UPDATE - 11:10 PM SPD candidate left her mark from Boston to Ireland
- Loss of No Child Left Behind waiver means schools will be labeled 'failing'
- Man, 19, fatally shot in Rainier Valley
- Puyallup woman who saved son from fire now accused of setting blaze
- Starbucks to enter soda wars
- UPDATE - 10:41 PM Stone: QB Wilson's divorce is a reminder he's human
UPDATE - 12:41 AM S&P cuts Russia's credit rating
UPDATE - 12:39 AM Gunman kills 3 Americans at Kabul hospital
UPDATE - 12:41 AM Seabed search for missing Malaysian jet to widen
UPDATE - 12:41 AM Tornado shelters face dilemma with pet lovers
UPDATE - 12:15 AM US proposes pay-for-priority Internet standards
Entertainment & Living
Poor planning and wrongheaded federal rules have put Washington's nationally lauded chemical-dependency treatment community in critical condition...Jonathan Martin, column: "Obamacare's drug problem"
- Editorial: Crack down on online prostitution sites like backpage.com
- Editorial: After failure of King County Prop. 1, hard work on Metro needed
- Poll: Do you want Aereo to expand to Seattle?
- Apart from Seattle’s minimum-wage debate, America needs a pay raise | Lance Dickie / Times editorial columnist
- Reverse mortgages: Best use is to invest in a living will, based on experience
- High-school counselors: Training won’t create time for advising
- Bicycle Master Plan: Require training, exams, licensing and toll collection for bicyclists
- The Legislature needs to pass a transportation package that includes transit funding
UPDATE - 10:48 PM Grizzlies hang on vs. Thunder, take 2-1 lead
UPDATE - 10:52 PM Bruins beat Red Wings in OT, take 3-1 lead