At the Agape Childcare and Pre-K Center, in Ballard, trick-or-treaters visit neighborhood businesses for treats. If you haven't yet nailed down your Halloween-weekend plans, we have suggestions for you, from a Pumpkin Bash at Woodland Park Zoo to a pig roast at Bastille.
UPDATE - 03:54 PM
Space tourism rocket explodes in desert
A Virgin Galactic ship exploded after taking off on a test flight in the Mojave Desert today. At least one was dead and another was injured, Highway Patrol said.
- UPDATE - 03:14 PM Mars Hill Church disbanding, tells local sites to go independent
- Truth Needle: Gun-rights ad misrepresents extent of police support
- Sound Transit floats $15B plan to expand mostly rail service
- Emotional funeral for school shooter draws more than 1,000
- Boy pleads not guilty to bringing Molotov cocktail to Seattle Center
- Jerry Brewer: The Seahawks need to find fun again
- Take 2: Greed and the selling of Husky football traditions
UPDATE - 03:38 PM AP EXCLUSIVE: Military sex survey draws complaints
UPDATE - 03:05 PM Brittany Maynard: New face of right-to-die
UPDATE - 03:38 PM Early votes exceed 15 million — but who benefits?
UPDATE - 03:35 PM Poll: Economy, health care eclipse social issues
UPDATE - 03:38 PM After murder suspect is caught, a sigh of relief
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 03:21 PM Rowling reveals new tidbits on Pottermore site
- Tasty Two: Will Twix or Reese's be crowned best Halloween candy?
The FBI's actions in this case undermined the credibility of press organizations who hold government accountable -- and that matters.Editorial: "FBI exploited press credibility in bomb ruse"
- Editorial: Find the money to keep Public Health — Seattle & King County’s Auburn site open
- Editorial: In 45th District race, look past the political spin
- Ebola aid workers can't be trusted
- Remembering what skulls really stand for on Halloween
UPDATE - 03:20 PM Max Unger may be able to return for Sunday’s Seahawks game
UPDATE - 02:44 PM Wall Street caps a wild month with a rally