PACIFIC NW MAGAZINE: Beyond our cool exterior beats the heart of the passionately odd. Above, an image of Mount Hood provides a backdrop for Bob Wenger as he carries Ryder, his skiing terrier, to the top of a moving carpet that serves as a downhill run at a trade show for skiing and boarding.
Investigators are looking into an allegation that a King County sheriff's deputy helped his wife work as a prostitute and used the county's computer system to check her clients' backgrounds, sources said.
- UPDATE - 10:21 AM Anger, questions about sharp turn, ferry's captain
- UPDATE - 10:21 AM At least 12 Nepalese guides killed in avalanche on Everest
- UPDATE - 10:21 AM Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Next stop: The vote on tax for transit
- State’s startups pull in big piles of venture capital
UPDATE - 10:21 AM Ukraine insurgents reject call to quit buildings
Entertainment & Living
NEW - 10:15 AM Cannes Film Festival lineup announced
NEW - 10:28 AM In India, where sacred rivers converge | Destinations
NEW - 10:03 AM Turn drawers and gutters into planter boxes
Some advocates for a $15-per-hour minimum wage in Seattle oppose including health-care benefits because the benefits don't pay the rent. That's shortsighted.Dave Gering, guest column: "Consider health insurance in minimum-wage debate"
- Editorial: Reject pot scare tactics, like drug-dog patrols in schools
- Editorial: Surveying the future and preserving the past at the Green Mountain lookout
- Turn the Missouri man free
- Guest: Consider health insurance in minimum-wage debate