President Obama waves as he boards Air Force One before his departure from Seattle on Tuesday. Obama's Seattle visit started a three-day West Coast trip, where he'll also visit San Francisco and Los Angeles and plans to attend at least five fundraising events.
The newly appointed head of the Seattle FBI office said Tuesday there is "momentum" in the investigation of a Seattle federal prosecutor's slaying.
- Vicious cycle: Earlier slides set the stage for Oso disaster
- UPDATE - 01:58 AM U.S. intelligence: No direct link to Russia in plane downing
- Ybarra chose SPU because he was unfamiliar with it
- Blasts blamed on hash oil lead to federal charges
- Rain forecast for fire zones, so next threat is flash floods
- Microsoft tops revenue forecast but profits fall short
UPDATE - 02:36 AM AP source: Thieves got into 1K StubHub accounts
UPDATE - 02:54 AM In international flight, volatile conflicts abound
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 02:36 AM 'Downton Abbey' back on Jan. 4 for season 5
The region has been through a lot since I arrived in 1988. Mood swings, economic swings and lots of chatter.Lance Dickie column: "Puget Sound's tenacity of spirit"
I have no problem with the Pres fund raising, it's part of how our political system runs today, however, with all that's happening in the world and here at home, it seems as though he should have his butt firmly planted in the oval office working on these issues.Comment by "Clew" on "Obama fundraising visit to enrich Democratic super PAC"
- Editorial: Seattle’s Proposition 1 is not the last resort for parks
- State's editorial boards: Some praise, some snort at Inslee's fish-consumption proposal
- Guest: ‘The Mikado’ is worth performing
- 2014 World Cup coverage
- Solid expansion taking hold in Tacoma | Jon Talton