Workers at the Sodo entrance to the Highway 99 tunnel on Thursday install steel rebar to create ledges that will support the northbound road deck and walls that will hold up the upper southbound deck. "We're using some of the delay period to pull work from the end of the job and get it done sooner," says Chris Dixon, project director of Seattle Tunnel Partners.
Logan Morrison’s three-run homer in the ninth inning moved the Mariners to one game back in the wild-card race.
UPDATE - 09:19 AM
Scots reject independence
- Bellevue's Concur sold to SAP for $8.3B
- New Microsoft layoffs affect 750 locally
- Inner-tube robber 'D.B. Tuber' now free, warning about life of crime
- Mayor's plan would ensure work goes to poor, jobless in Seattle
- UPDATE - 09:17 AM CIA halts spying on friendly European governments
- UPDATE - 09:10 AM Aussie beheading plot raises questions about ISIS' reach
- KING 5 may relocate TV station to Sodo neighborhood
UPDATE - 08:22 AM Planned Parenthood ‘office visit’ via app gets you birth control
NEW - 09:10 AM Britain plans political upheaval after Scot vote
UPDATE - 09:15 AM France strikes Islamic State group's depot in Iraq
UPDATE - 09:13 AM Florida felon kills his 6 grandchildren
UPDATE - 07:46 AM Anti-Islamic ads coming to New York transit system
UPDATE - 08:53 AM NOAA: Yet more global heat records fall in August
UPDATE - 08:15 AM Iran sentences 6 youth for dancing in "Happy" video
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 09:17 AM Decibel Festival moves to EMP | Festival preview
In fact, the most important issue — the risk to human life — is not explicitly considered in routine landslide-hazard assessments.Joseph Wartman, guest column: "How to avert the next Oso landslide disaster"
- Editorial: The Times recommends Jeanne Kohl-Welles, Reuven Carlyle and Gael Tarleton in the 36th District
- Editorial: How the Ray Rice incident can help stop domestic violence
- Does Seattle feel richer this year than last?
- Take a tour with 'da mayor' of Seattle Dick Falkenbury
UPDATE - 09:10 AM US stocks climb higher in early trading