The Mariners' front office is plagued by "total dysfunction and a lack of leadership," according to former manager Eric Wedge. By August of 2013, when general manager Jack Zduriencik, left, and Wedge were talking before a game, trust and true communication were in short supply.
Education Lab: A community group in northwest Chicago has turned hundreds of hesitant parents into capable classroom helpers by tapping into strengths many don’t realize they have.
Last month voters in SeaTac approved a $15 minimum wage and now activists are taking that fight to Seattle.
UPDATE - 01:55 AM Sleet, ice, deep-freeze hit large swath of US
- Deep Freeze at Kingfisher Cove | Union Bay Watch
- Should Seattle pick up neighborhood garbage only every other week? | Maple Leaf Life
- Cat Steiger and Elliot Padilla | Ballard Ave | It's My Darlin'
- Does knowing medical prices save money? California experiment says yes | Seattle/Local Health Guide
- CHS Aviary | Steller's Jays battle neighbors over shared spaces on Capitol Hill | Capitol Hill Seattle Blog
- Editorial: Hold off on more TV-station acquisition deals
- Editorial: Don’t forget Kenneth Bae still held in North Korea
- Seattle vs. San Francisco showdown: Which is the better city?
- What state treasurer Jim McIntire's study says about a $15 minimum wage
UPDATE - 11:51 PM Chaotic finish means Oregon could land in BCS bowl | Bud Withers
Entertainment & Living
- 250 ways to enjoy the holidays in Seattle
- Recipes: For your holiday feasting, 14 dishes from some of Seattle's best chefs