All Rise, a 14-month rotating installation of public art on Denny Way in Seattle's South Lake Union neighborhood, looks to engage passers-by. Starting at 5 p.m. today, 23 trumpet players will perform "Trumpet City: Seattle," by composer Craig Shepard, shown at right, for one hour at the pink-flag exhibit.
Remote Area Medical, with more than 500 local medical professionals and volunteers, is offering free health services through Sunday at Seattle Center.
- Paul Allen pledges $100M to fight Ebola
- UPDATE - 08:33 AM After 1st Ebola case in New York City, 3 others quarantined
- Work on Bertha’s repair pit halted after discovery of shells
- Garfield students, staff stage protest over loss of a teacher
- Amazon’s stock tanks on weak earnings
- Seahawks players deny reports of a divided locker room
UPDATE - 07:06 AM Food left cooking on stove causes fire that injures 3 in Kent
UPDATE - 07:44 AM Darth Vader hopes force with him in Ukraine polls
UPDATE - 08:33 AM Canadians seek to understand Parliament shooting
UPDATE - 08:33 AM Federal officials: Dallas nurse free of Ebola
UPDATE - 06:48 AM EU reaches deal to cut greenhouse gas emissions
UPDATE - 07:10 AM 1st arrest made through use of pumpkin riot photos
UPDATE - 07:48 AM US to pay Philippines $2M after Navy damaged coral reef
Entertainment & Living
- The Flavorful Four: Vote for your favorite Halloween candy
Given the lack of clarity on what specific service Proposition 1 would fund, voters do not have a clear understanding of what they are voting to approve.Ben Stafford guest column: "Seattle's Metro Prop. 1 is not the right measure for today's realities"
NEW - 06:56 AM Low mortgage rates enticing, but impact could be limited