Seattle has only one marijuana store so far. Others have been delayed by limited locations, short supply, city code issues and unprepared applicants. Killy Nichelin and Miles Thomas, pictured above, opened a medical dispensary in Ballard after failing to get a good pot-lottery number.
UPDATE - 09:31 AM
Microsoft lays off 2,100 employees, 747 of them in the Puget Sound area
This is the second round of layoffs since the company announced in July that it would be cutting 18,000 jobs.
- UPDATE - 09:54 AM Child-porn conviction is tossed: widespread Navy snooping blamed
- County Councilmember Reagan Dunn pleads guilty to DUI
- Census: Seattle saw steepest rent hike among U.S. cities
- UPDATE - 10:54 AM Australian police: Raids thwarted beheading plot
- Magnitude 4.0 quake shows early-warning system works
- UPDATE - 10:54 AM 'Three Cups of Tea' author plans reluctant return
- M’s get nothing in 5-0 loss to Angels
UPDATE - 10:49 AM Doctor: Ford to undergo 40 days of chemotherapy
UPDATE - 10:54 AM Sierra Leone to shut down for 3 days to slow Ebola
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 10:34 AM ‘This Is Where I Leave You’: a likable family reconnects | Movie review
NEW - 10:41 AM Haven't I seen you someplace before?
UPDATE - 10:40 AM Darrell Hammond takes over for Don Pardo on 'SNL'
What might have worked in the classroom 20 years ago does not work today, but it is still widely used.Michael Golden, guest column: "Project-based classrooms help kids become active learners"
- Editorial: How the Ray Rice incident can help stop domestic violence
- Editorial: The Times recommends David Frockt and Jessyn Farrell in 46th Legislative District
- UPDATE - 09:26 AM Can the Ray Rice domestic violence incident lead to more survivors?
- A rough month in America for women | Froma Harrop / Syndicated columnist
UPDATE - 10:32 AM State's income stagnant in 2013, poverty rises | Jon Talton
UPDATE - 10:42 AM Stocks creep higher on encouraging news