Traffic congestion became much worse from 2011-13, even though the number of miles driven in Washington state barely changed. Above, traffic was snarled for hours on Monday morning following an accident that triggered commute times in excess of two hours.
LOADED WITH LEAD, PT. 3: At the Vancouver (Wash.) Rifle and Pistol Club, youngsters' alarming lead tests in 2010 prompted the club to upgrade the range and work with the Clark County Public Health director.
- UPDATE - 10:37 PM Seattle didn’t hold firms accountable on sick-leave rules, report says
- Federal judge rejects SPD officers’ suit over use of force
- Celis struggles to voice his views in 1st District race
- The cloud shines brightly at Microsoft
- Now divided, Pete Carroll and Percy Harvin look forward, not back
UPDATE - 10:16 PM Fashion icon Oscar de la Renta dies at 82
UPDATE - 11:06 PM Fundraising slow to catch on for Ebola outbreak
UPDATE - 12:21 AM Nigeria declared Ebola-free; 'spectacular success'
UPDATE - 10:38 PM America says no to cappuccino potato chips
UPDATE - 12:21 AM Turkey says it helps Kurdish fighters enter Syria
UPDATE - 12:20 AM Biden touts plans to fix 'Third World' NYC airport
Entertainment & Living
- The Edible Eight: Vote for your favorite Halloween candy
When we reach into that parenting tool bag and find it empty, out pops our too-ready hand, primed for use -- to hit a child. Unfortunately, for far too many, that tool bag is flat-out flimsy.Roslyn Ann Duffy guest column: "Spanking teaches the wrong life lessons to children"
- Editorial: FCC right to scrutinize exorbitant prison phone fees
- Editorial: The Times recommends in King County judge races: Janet Garrow, Ketu Shah, Phillip Tavel
- Dave Chappelle’s status as racial commentator-in-chief reflects loss of faith in leaders and institutions
- Half a million jobs are coming to Washington, are we ready for them?
UPDATE - 11:38 PM Amazon and Simon & Schuster reach multiyear deal
UPDATE - 12:16 AM Record iPhone sales drive Apple's 3Q beat
UPDATE - 11:50 PM Total oil company CEO dies in Moscow plane crash