Dale McLaughlin, an owner of Zaycon Foods in Spokane, delivers an order Monday in Maple Valley. Amid soaring meat prices, the company keeps costs low by purchasing in bulk and delivering directly to customers from the back of a truck in the parking lots of churches, bowling alleys and the like.
UPDATE - 07:30 PM
Progress, challenges as Medicaid expands
Enrolling more people in Medicaid has been one of the most successful initiatives in the Affordable Care Act. But it also brings new challenges.
- UPDATE - 07:50 PM Crew told passengers of sinking S. Korea ferry to stay put
- SPD chief finalists all from out of state
- UPDATE - 07:41 PM UW’s Stringfellow sentenced to work crew for assault
- UPDATE - 07:56 PM Sidney Rice set to re-sign with Seahawks
UPDATE - 07:27 PM State sees healthy jump in individual insurance coverage
UPDATE - 07:50 PM Boston Marathon organizers confident of safe race
UPDATE - 07:50 PM Pro-Russian gunmen make inroads in eastern Ukraine
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 08:01 PM Thriving young market where Air Jordans are blue chips
UPDATE - 06:47 PM Study: Diabetic heart attacks and strokes falling
He comes from a place where obligations to family and community, not individual ambitions, shape a life.Krista Bremer, guest column: "When you're a white American married to a minority Muslim"
- Editorial: Another bill for the state comes due, this one for in-home care providers
- Editorial: Rodney Tom leaves legacy of bipartisanship in Olympia
- The problem with taxing bicyclists in Seattle
- Guest: Consider health insurance in minimum-wage debate
UPDATE - 07:50 PM JC transfer guard Quevyn Winters officially signs with Huskies
UPDATE - 07:32 PM State gains 6,700 jobs in modest pickup from fall slump
UPDATE - 06:41 PM Starbucks moving European headquarters to London
NEW - 07:00 PM Eye to future, Google trips on earnings miss in present
NEW - 08:01 PM The way we treat workers won’t work | Jerry Large