East Channel Bridge expansion-joint reconstruction is seen Monday morning looking east from Mercer Island. Half the westbound drivers on I-90 stayed away Monday morning, which kept slowdowns to 15 minutes or less despite losing three lanes. The work is scheduled to continue until 5 a.m. Friday.
The Carlton complex fire is the biggest in Washington’s recorded history, and it’s not expected to be out any time soon.
- UPDATE - 03:15 AM Did Ukrainian rebels tamper with evidence in wreckage?
- Israeli official: Not all strikes on civilians are by mistake
- 5 officers on leave after fatal Kent shooting, propane blast
- County Council hopes to avert one-third of bus-service cuts
- One soldier against 200 Taliban: Vet gets Medal of Honor
- Dustin Ackley soars in Mariners 5-2 victory over Mets
UPDATE - 03:21 AM Train goes to Kharkiv with crash victims remains
UPDATE - 03:21 AM Body of missing S. Korean shipping tycoon found
UPDATE - 03:15 AM Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
Entertainment & Living
The region has been through a lot since I arrived in 1988. Mood swings, economic swings and lots of chatter.Lance Dickie column: "Puget Sound's tenacity of spirit"
- Editorial: Shame on Russian President Vladimir Putin
- Editorial: The warning sign for state DOT in Skagit bridge collapse
- Alaska Sen. Lisa Murkowski leads again on ALS
- Guest: The publishers, not Amazon, keep authors down
- 2014 World Cup coverage
UPDATE - 03:03 AM Netflix tops 50M subscribers as 2Q earnings soar
- Children’s puts clever deal together with experts’ help
- Microsoft imposes new rules on contract workers, requiring 6-month break | Pri0