From Elvis Costello to Wu-Tang Clan to Mavis Staples, here are music writer Paul de Barros' picks for Bumbershoot 2014. Above, the scene last year.
UPDATE - 10:03 PM
Micro-apartments raise big controversy
An uprising by residents in several Seattle neighborhoods has prompted a City Council proposal that attempts to strike a balance between developers of micro-apartments, opponents, and the needs of a fast-growing city that is home to many one-person households.
- UPDATE - 10:54 PM NATO: Russia moves tanks, 1,000 troops into Ukraine
- UPDATE - 09:04 PM SPD officers say city ‘playing politics’ with their lives
- NEW - 09:03 PM Passers-by rush to help victims after vehicle hits businesses
- Judge orders suspect held in theft of SUV with baby inside
- UPDATE - 09:26 PM Inslee asks Yakima not to appeal elections order
- Warm waters send salmon to Canada, not Washington
- Car-technology systems failing consumers, study finds
- UPDATE - 10:02 PM Mars Hill pastor who criticized Driscoll reportedly terminated
UPDATE - 09:35 PM Hearing cries for help from Iraq to Auburn | Sarah Stuteville
UPDATE - 10:19 PM Chef finds fame — and love — while cooking for the Obamas
UPDATE - 09:19 PM Obama develops response for escalation in Ukraine, Syria
UPDATE - 08:59 PM U.S.: Islamic State’s brutality attracts some American recruits
UPDATE - 10:54 PM Russia replies to Canada's colorful map tweet
UPDATE - 10:54 PM UN says Syria refugees top 3 million mark
UPDATE - 10:46 PM California Legislature passes 'yes means yes' bill
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 10:33 PM Daughter: Joan Rivers 'resting comfortably'
UPDATE - 10:33 PM Jolie, Pitt wed privately at chateau in France
That means, in theory, that the Legislature could amend the law, keep underfunding services to the mentally ill and let the overcrowding continue.Hugh Spitzer, guest column: "Is warehousing mental patients another state constitutional dilemma?"
- Editorial: Seattle needs to help Nickelsville instead of sticking it to Little Saigon
- Editorial: Expand Seattle police outreach to more communities of color
- Guest: The threats to press freedom, from Ferguson to Iraq
- Tackling the tech industry’s appalling lack of worker diversity
NEW - 09:37 PM Finding Hawaiian gems is just part of Keith Bhonapha’s job
UPDATE - 10:50 PM Former quarterback Jason Gesser joins WSU radio booth
UPDATE - 10:00 PM Looking at candidates who could help Mariners in September
UPDATE - 10:54 PM Seahawks stumble in exhibition finale at Oakland