Scores of protesters joined sightseers and shoppers in downtown Seattle on Friday night. Many of the protesters were demonstrating against the grand jury decision to not indict an officer in a teen's death in Ferguson, Mo. Westlake Center closed early after protesters moved into the mall. Above, protesters gather on the top floor of the mall overlooking the Christmas tree lighting ceremony. The lighting was one of several holiday events downtown.
There is a chance of snow in some areas of Western Washington as colder air moves in. By morning, Seattle could see up to an inch of snow on the ground; up to 3 inches could fall in parts of Snohomish County.
- UPDATE - 07:58 PM SPD cop says she was a target for halting OT ‘gravy train’
- UPDATE - 07:02 PM Black Friday becomes just another shopping day
- Original Bill the Butcher opens BB Ranch in Woodinville
- UPDATE - 07:13 PM How the Seahawks defense evolved | Jerry Brewer
NEW - 09:04 PM After turkey day, a taste of Arctic, possible snow
NEW - 08:40 PM Seattle Marathon to close streets on Sunday
NEW - 08:42 PM Opponents sue C-Tran to stop bus rapid transit
UPDATE - 09:08 PM Black Friday gets a little less frenzied
UPDATE - 08:15 PM Ferguson protesters target shoppers on busy retail day
UPDATE - 09:08 PM Ray Rice wins appeal; NFL suspension vacated
UPDATE - 09:04 PM Volcano in south Japan erupts, disrupting flights
UPDATE - 09:08 PM NY dinner puts wealthy and homeless at same tables
Entertainment & Living
UPDATE - 07:41 PM Fans go wild over 88-second 'Star Wars' teaser
- Editorial: As contract negotiations drag on, get ports back to full speed
- Cartoon: Happy Thanksgiving from corporate America
- Guest: Congress should oppose fast-tracking the Trans-Pacific Partnership
UPDATE - 08:16 PM Seahawks now look to sustain momentum of winning streak
UPDATE - 08:30 PM Huskies amped up for the Apple Cup
UPDATE - 09:03 PM Will cold weather give Sounders an advantage against Galaxy?