Linda Kinne, of Cle Elum, pulled up to a Starbucks drive-thru in Renton on Tuesday — and out popped Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll. Carroll was there to promote a Starbucks fundraising drive for A Better Seattle, his foundation dedicated to reducing youth and gang violence.
The time has apparently come for notifications in the next round of layoffs first announced in July.
- UPDATE - 08:49 AM 4.0 magnitude earthquake rattles Puget Sound area
- Metro finance picture improves, so bus cuts may not be as bad
- UPDATE - 10:33 AM Combat troops in Iraq? Obama says firm "no"
- Seattle weighing new tax on builders for affordable housing
- Boeing wins role in next U.S. space chapter
- NFL will have to work to salvage reputation | Geoff Baker
UPDATE - 09:49 AM Rant&Rave: What part of 'toxic' don't you understand, Mom?
UPDATE - 10:30 AM Scots' inventions are fuel for independence debate
UPDATE - 10:30 AM Dempsey: Half of Iraqi army not OK as US partners
UPDATE - 10:34 AM NASA's Maven spacecraft reaches Mars this weekend
UPDATE - 10:09 AM Lava flows from Philippine volcano; thousands flee
UPDATE - 08:44 AM Natural gas alone isn’t magic weapon against climate change
Entertainment & Living
NEW - 09:57 AM Film festivals galore this weekend
NEW - 09:00 AM Your week in Seattle music: Heart, Blake Shelton and more
Private landlines, which do not create public records, did not result in shadow governments and neither will personal cellphones.Mark Lindquist, guest column: "Why the privacy of a public employee's cellphone matters"
- Editorial: The Times recommends David Frockt and Jessyn Farrell in 46th Legislative District
- Editorial: Full speed ahead for high-speed Internet in Seattle
- Guest: Why a WSU medical school would not address doctor shortage in rural areas
- Big expectations for Port of Seattle's new CEO Ted Fick
UPDATE - 10:27 AM State’s unemployment steady, but local rate edges up
UPDATE - 10:35 AM Stocks edge mostly higher ahead of Fed statement
UPDATE - 10:25 AM Alibaba post-IPO structure gives insiders control