Storyteller and dancer Gene Tagaban performs with Seahawks-colored wood feathers and a red cedar mask at a Super Bowl rally Friday at the Burke Museum on the University of Washington campus. The Burke has another mask, the Kwakwaka'wakw transformation mask that inspired the original Seattle Seahawks logo, on display through July 27.
Salaried nonmanagement employees are expressing disappointment. Boeing’s Commercial Airplanes chief Ray Conner says they did not “far exceed” targets like last year.
- Officer in golf-club case accused of stealing pot
- Eastside trail project taking a big step forward
- Bertha's repair pit reaches full depth of 120 feet
- Costco to return $2.2B to shareholders
- Obama calls on Congress to fund 'precision medicine' studies
- 520 toll payers’ lawsuit not exactly a surprise | Danny Westneat
- Roger Goodell still a commissioner under siege | Larry Stone
UPDATE - 03:33 AM Dueling narratives surround 'Suge' Knight in deadly run-in
UPDATE - 03:29 AM Balloon crew makes history crossing Pacific Ocean
Entertainment & Living
After decades in the public eye, Chai and Bamboo deserve to retire. No more forced breeding. No more forced socializing. Send them to a safe place where, finally, they can just be.Editorial: "Give Woodland Park Zoo elephants Bamboo and Chai much-needed retirement"
- Editorial: State Senate is sensible in banning openly carried firearms
- Editorial: Decriminalize fantasy sports betting in Washington, for the little guys
- Bandwagon Seattle Seahawks fan or fan for life?
- Europe’s Greek test | Paul Krugman / Syndicated columnist