BUD WITHERS: Steve Sarkisian, pictured in April at a spring scrimmage, talked at the first of two Pac-12 football media days Wednesday about how happy he was to be USC's coach. That might not sit well with Husky fans upset that Sark turned UW into a way station instead of a destination.
UPDATE - 12:09 PM
Official: Air Algerie jet ‘probably crashed’
An Air Algerie flight carrying 116 people disappeared from radar over Mali, officials said. France's foreign minister said no wreckage had been found.
- Oil train derails in Interbay in Seattle, no spills
- Laborers lost a lot to fast-moving wildfire, now work to rebuild lives
- UPDATE - 12:02 PM SPD: 2 injured in shooting at 23rd and Jackson
- UPDATE - 10:17 AM SPEEA files age-bias complaint against Boeing
- Kent woman charged with funding al-Qaida-linked group
- UPDATE - 12:13 PM Mariners trade for Kendrys Morales
NEW - 10:05 AM Early warning: four days of Highway 99 closures in August
UPDATE - 12:00 PM Planes with Ukraine bodies arrive in Netherlands
UPDATE - 12:07 PM Mother, daughter die after Philly food truck blast
UPDATE - 12:09 PM Wyoming cave with fossil secrets to be excavated
UPDATE - 10:58 AM Alabama man claims penis mistakenly amputated
Entertainment & Living
NEW - 12:09 PM President Obama honors Seattle architect
UPDATE - 11:45 AM Baldwin, LaBeouf share a role — defendant— in NYC
The region has been through a lot since I arrived in 1988. Mood swings, economic swings and lots of chatter.Lance Dickie column: "Puget Sound's tenacity of spirit"
- 2014 World Cup coverage
UPDATE - 11:31 AM Review: Amazon.com Fire phone
UPDATE - 10:38 AM Immune Design raises $60M in IPO
NEW - 12:00 PM Across US job market, layoffs are becoming rare
UPDATE - 12:07 PM Obama wants limits on US company mergers abroad