A new campaign promotes a longstanding project that offers extra incentives and financial security for King County landlords who agree to rent to the homeless or formerly homeless. Above, Luatonya Girtman makes sandwiches with her children James Harrell III, 5, and Mydia Girtman, 14. They bounced in and out of homelessness for a year until the Landlord Liaison Project helped the family move into an apartment in Kent last month.
Scientists think they’ve discovered the fault responsible for an 1872 earthquake that was one of Washington’s largest.
- UPDATE - 04:15 PM Attorney: Ferguson grand jury has reached decision
- UPDATE - 03:56 PM Seattle mayor releases plan for medical marijuana
- UPDATE - 04:15 PM Obama announces Hagel resignation from Pentagon
- State AG: Police don't need consent to record with body cams
- Rain forecast for Washington into Thanksgiving Day
- Mariners, Kyle Seager reportedly agree to 7-year, $100M extension
- Seahawks team meeting produces unified effort | Jerry Brewer
UPDATE - 03:57 PM Former King County health chief joins nonprofit PATH
- Daily Rant & Rave: Give 90-year-old man his cane back
NEW - 03:58 PM Burgers are all the rage in Hong Kong
UPDATE - 03:28 PM Police shooting in housing project ruled homicide
UPDATE - 04:15 PM Police: Video of officer shooting boy is 'clear'
Entertainment & Living
NEW - 03:55 PM A few minutes with Robert Osborne
All that's left is for Gov. Jay Inslee to show his hand, and avoid being just another act following what's now recalled as a killer performance.Robert J. Vickers column: "Is Gov. Jay Inslee an absentee governor or a patient strategist?"
- Editorial: Mayor Murray’s smart move to entice foreign trade to Seattle
- UPDATE - 04:15 PM Editorial: Remote testimony would bring the Legislature into the 21st century
- Guest: How Alaska bucked the trend of salmon loss — but that’s in jeopardy
- UPDATE - 04:13 PM Guest: Port slowdown’s potential devastating impacts on Washington businesses
NEW - 04:03 PM SF hotel developer plans 50-story project on 5th Ave.
UPDATE - 03:29 PM Automakers aim to drive away car computer hackers
UPDATE - 02:43 PM Microsoft sues IRS for details of tax probe contract
- ‘Battle in Seattle’ and the WTO legacy | Jon Talton
- Espresso maker for a mere $7,000 | Sunday Buzz