Meadowdale boys stun Jackson, 77-61 | Prep Basketball Roundup
Connor Hamlett had 30 points and 12 rebounds, leading Meadowdale to a 77-61 upset of previously unbeaten Jackson, the state's second-ranked Class 4A boys basketball team.
LYNNWOOD — Connor Hamlett's putback basket with six seconds left in regulation forced overtime, and Meadowdale buried second-ranked Jackson in overtime for a 77-61 boys basketball victory Friday night.
It was the first defeat for Jackson (8-1 overall, 6-1 WesCo South).
Hamlett, a 6-foot-7, 235-pound senior, had a season-high 30 points and grabbed 12 rebounds for the Mavericks (7-2, 5-2).
Junior guard Brett Kingma matched his season high for Jackson with 32 points — the third time he's hit that figure this season. Kingma sank seven three-pointers.
The Mavericks outscored the Timberwolves 18-2 in overtime.
• Federal Way, ranked No. 1 in Class 4A, improved to 9-0 behind 6-7 senior wing Cole Dickerson's 34 points in an 85-48 SPSL North win over Tahoma. Dickerson, who scored a season-high 35 Tuesday at Kentlake, lifted his scoring average to 24.7 with his fifth straight game of 25 or more points.
• Iszia Johnson had a season-high 28 points in Auburn's 69-66 SPSL North win over Auburn Riverside.
• Fourth-ranked Curtis beat Emerald Ridge 83-53 in the SPSL South behind Dominique Williams' 28 points. He hit 5 of 6 three-point attempts.
• Mitch Penner had 27 points and 10 rebounds and DeShea Bell added 24 points and nine rebounds in Kennedy Catholic's 69-65 Seamount win over Mount Rainier. Defending a two-point lead with eight seconds to play, Kennedy's Joe Ryan-Mekkhavong deflected a pass to Penner who, after being fouled, sank two free throws with two seconds left to secure the win. Bryce McPhee's three-pointer with 1:40 to play for Mount Rainier had tied the score at 63.
• Tomas Ogbaslassie's 30 points helped Chief Sealth rout Bainbridge 68-48 in the Metro League.
• Sixth-ranked Issaquah held No. 7 Newport to only 10 points in the second half of a 56-34 KingCo 4A victory in a showdown of ranked teams. Maddey Pflaumer's 14 points led three Eagles in double figures.
• Lake Washington outscored Roosevelt 14-3 in the fourth quarter for a 45-43 come-from-behind win. Collen Walsh scored 21 for LW, including all 14 Kangs points in the fourth quarter.
• Junior guard Cheyenne Wilson got 17 of her season-high 33 points in the first quarter of Cleveland's 62-49 Metro win over Lakeside.
• Bishop Blanchet beat Ingraham 50-41 behind Natalie Frank's 31 points.
• Brianna Shannon hit seven three-pointers and scored 29 points in Kent-Meridian's 58-45 win over Kentridge.
Freelancer Terry Wood contributed to this report.
Sam and Sara Lucchese create handmade pasta out of their kitchen-garage adjacent to their Ballard home. Here, they illustrate the final steps in making pappardelle pasta.