Fred Couples-Steve Ballmer and Rick Neuheisel-Mitch Levy will compete in Snoqualmie Showdown
Four local celebrities will golf for charities at TPC Snoqualmie Ridge at 2 p.m. on Aug. 4.
A foursome of some of Seattle’s biggest names will golf for bragging rights and to raise funds for local charities at the Snoqualmie Showdown.
Sports Radio 950 KJR AM’s morning host Mitch Levy will team with former UW football coach Rick Neuheisel to take on Seattle native Fred Couples and former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer.
The four local stars will compete in the alternate-shot format at TPC Snoqualmie Ridge at 2 p.m. on Aug. 4. Tickets will be limited to the first 500 spectators who purchase a $100 pass at BoeingClassic.com.
• Sounders FC forward Clint Dempsey and defender DeAndre Yedlin have been named grand marshals of the Alaska Airlines Seafair Torchlight Parade. The parade begins at 7:30 p.m. Saturday near Seattle Center and continues down Fourth Avenue.
• Conrad Gordon of Roosevelt High School and Marco Stanchi of Bellevue High will compete for the men’s national water polo team at the FINA Youth World Championships in Istanbul, Turkey, Aug. 2-10.
• Jeff Beaman has been named associate head tennis coach at Washington State. Beaman will begin his duties July 31.
• Seattle University softball has promoted Brandi Gordon from volunteer coach to assistant coach. After working with the Redhawks during the 2008 season, Gordon recently returned to Seattle U.
• U.S. Amateur qualifying begins at 7 a.m. Tuesday at the Tumble Creek Club at Suncadia Resort in Cle Elum, as 77 players will look to earn one of the qualifier’s three available spots into the U.S. Amateur Championship, Aug. 11-17 at the Atlanta Athletic Club in Johns Creek, Ga.
The qualifier will be contested over 36 holes.
• Emily Prentice of Kent will compete for the Rugby Sevens team at the Youth Olympic Games from Aug. 16-28 in Nanjing, China
• Washington State wide receiver Gabe Marks was named to the College Football Performance Awards (CFPA) wide receiver watch list.
From sports-information reports.