Recipe: Glazed Salmon with Stir-Fry Vegetables
¼ cup apple jelly
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 tablespoon light soy sauce
1 teaspoon cornstarch
4 (6-oz.) skinless salmon fillets
¼ teaspoon table salt
2 carrots, cut into thin strips (1 cup)
1 parsnip, cut into thin strips (1/2 cup)
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
8 scallions, cut into thin strips (2 cups)
1 small red bell pepper, cut into thin strips (1 cup)
1. Whisk together apple jelly, vinegar, 2 tablespoons water, soy sauce and cornstarch in a small bowl.
2. Preheat broiler with oven rack 5½ inches from heat. Sprinkle salmon fillets evenly with salt; place on a lightly greased rack in an aluminum foil-lined broiler pan.
3. Broil 10 minutes or just until fish flakes with a fork.
4. Meanwhile, stir-fry carrots and parsnip in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat for two minutes. Add scallion and bell pepper; stir-fry two to three minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove vegetables from skillet, and keep warm.
5. Add jelly mixture to skillet, and cook, stirring constantly, one minute or until thickened.
6. Spoon about 2 / 3 cup vegetables onto each of four plates; drizzle each serving with 1 tablespoon sauce. Top vegetables with salmon fillets and drizzle 1 tablespoon sauce over each fillet.
— Lisa Abraham, Akron Beacon Journal