Recipe: Roasted Tilapia with Tomatoes, Olives and Fingerling Potatoes
A recipe for an entree featuring tilapia.
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1¼ pounds small fingerling potatoes, cut diagonally into ½-inch pieces
3 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme, divided
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
2 cups grape tomatoes
1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives
2 tablespoons capers, rinsed, drained
3 cloves garlic, peeled, smashed
¼ cup white wine vinegar, divided
4 tilapia fillets or other firm fish, about 5-6 ounces each
Sprigs of thyme for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Drizzle a sided baking sheet with 1 tablespoon olive oil and place in the oven for five minutes.
2. Remove from the oven. Place potatoes on the sheet and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon thyme leaves, about ¼ teaspoon kosher salt and ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Roast potatoes about 15 to 20 minutes or until browned and crisp, tossing halfway through. Remove from oven; wrap potatoes in foil to keep warm.
3. Place the tomatoes, olives, capers and garlic on the same baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon olive oil, 2 tablespoons vinegar and 1 teaspoon thyme. Place in oven and roast until just beginning to soften, 15 minutes.
4. In a small bowl, mix the remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil and 1 teaspoon thyme, 2 tablespoons vinegar, ¼ teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste; brush on the fish. Place the fish on top of the roasted tomato mixture and return to the oven until fish is just cooked through, about 10 minutes.
5. Divide among plates and serve with the potatoes. Garnish with sprigs of thyme.
From Susan M. Selasky for the Detroit Free Press