Mushroom, feta and cherry tomato tart
Makes 6 servings 1 cup cherry tomatoes, mixed colors 2 tablespoons olive oil 1 garlic clove, finely chopped 10 oz. mixed Portobello mushrooms, sliced...
Makes 6 servings
1 cup cherry tomatoes, mixed colors
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
10 oz. mixed Portobello mushrooms, sliced
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
2 tablespoons snipped chives
1 flaky pastry shell for a 9-inch diameter, 1 1/4-inch deep tart pan
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Prebake the pastry shell by rolling out the dough and fitting it into the tart pan. Prick bottom with a fork. Chill in refrigerator for 15 minutes. Cover the dough with a piece of parchment paper. Fill unbaked shell with pie weights or dried, uncooked beans. Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 10 to 15 minutes until the shell is set. Remove the paper and weight and bake for another 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
2. Cut the tomatoes in half and place them in a roasting pan. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees, for 10 minutes, or until the tomatoes start to soften slightly. Set aside and leave the oven on.
3. Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the garlic and mushrooms and saute over gentle heat for 10 minutes, turning them occasionally. Pat the mushrooms dry with paper towels, if necessary, and set aside.
4. Beat the eggs in a bowl, add the feta cheese, and mix well. Stir in the mushrooms and chives, then season with salt and pepper.
5. Pour the mixture into the baked pastry shell and arrange the roasted tomatoes on top. Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden.
Adapted from "Tart It Up! Sweet & Savory Tarts & Pies," Eric Lanlard