5 easy dip recipes for hungry football fans
Looking for some food to serve the gang for your Super Bowl party? If so, try something on this list of easy-to-prepare dip recipes.
More Super Bowl recipes
Here are 5 easy and tasty dishes for Super Bowl parties.
1. Chipotle Guacamole: Mash 3 avocados with 1/4 cup minced red onion, 1 tablespoon minced chipotles in adobo sauce, the juice of 1 lime and salt to taste.
2. Cauliflower Hummus: Toss 4 cups cauliflower florets with olive oil and 1 teaspoon curry powder; roast at 425 for 20 minutes. Purée with 1 drained can chickpeas, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 tablespoons tahini, 1 garlic clove and salt to taste. Blend in 2 tablespoons olive oil.
3. Blue Cheese Dip: Mix 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese, 1/2 cup each mayonnaise and sour cream, 1/4 cup buttermilk and some minced chives.
4. Bacon-Jalapeño Dip: Mix 8 ounces cream cheese, 2 cups shredded cheddar, 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/4 cup milk, 4 slices chopped cooked bacon, 1 tablespoon bacon drippings, 1 teaspoon white-wine vinegar and 2 thinly sliced jalapeños. Spread in a baking dish; top with buttered breadcrumbs. Bake at 350 degrees until golden and bubbly, 30 minutes.
5. Beer-Cheese Dip: Pulse 1/2 pound cubed extra-sharp white cheddar in a food processor until finely chopped. Add 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder, a pinch each of salt and sugar, and 1/2 cup pilsner beer; process until smooth.