Recipe: Chocolate Better-Than-Sex Cake
This is a favorite reader recipe from The Seattle Times file.
Makes 16 serving
1 package (18.25 ounces)
chocolate cake mix
1 package (12 ounces)
semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 package (3.9 ounces)
instant chocolate pudding
and pie filling mix
1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup evaporated milk
1/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
1. In a bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of the cake mix with the chocolate chips and pecans. Stir to coat and set aside.
2. Combine remaining cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, water, vanilla, pudding mix and sour cream. Mix well with an electric beater. Fold in the chocolate chips and nuts.
3. Pour batter into a greased and floured 12-cup Bundt pan or tube pan.
4. Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 55 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool for 25 minutes, then invert, remove from pan and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
5. To make frosting, melt butter in a saucepan. Add 1 cup brown sugar. Cook, stirring constantly, until it begins to bubble. Add evaporated milk and cook, continuing to stir, until mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and add powdered sugar, whisking until smooth.
6. Drizzle frosting over the cake.
Editor's Note: Many cake recipes have been titled Better-Than-Sex-Cake. For additional recipes go to seattletimes.com/food
From The Seattle Times file, 1988
Homes -- New Home Showcase