A holiday recipe for Cornbread.
Makes about 18 cups
2 cups flour
2 cups cornmeal
2 tablespoons baking powder
2 teaspoons salt
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup corn oil
2 cups milk
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and oil an 11-by-17-inch jellyroll pan. If you do not have a jellyroll pan use a 9-by-13-inch pan or two 9-inch round cake pans.
2. In one bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt.
3. In an electric mixer, whisk the eggs, then whisk in the sugar and oil. When thoroughly combined add the milk.
4. Add the liquids all at once to the dry ingredients and stir just until well combined; do not overmix.
5. Transfer the batter to oiled jellyroll pan and bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Cut into 24 squares and serve hot, or you have enough for 18 cups of cornbread for a cornbread stuffing. If using a 9-by13-inch pan or two 9-inch round cake pans, bake for 20 to 25 minutes. The cornbread is done when a wooden pick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean. Begin checking for doneness a little before you think the bread will be cooked.
Note: This recipe will yield more cornbread than is needed for the accompanying Cornbread and Oyster Stuffing recipe.
From Greg Atkinson, Seattle Culinary Academy at Seattle Central Community College
Furniture & home furnishings
2 English Pointers -Free - 2 y.o.
Abandoned Vehicle Sale November 28, 2014 at...
Bibles - Family heirloom. Stolen from stora...
POST A FREE LISTING