Recipe: Cauliflower-Potato Purée
A holiday recipe for Cauliflower-Potato Purée
Makes 6 servings
1 head cauliflower (2 to 2 1/2 pounds)
2 medium-sized russet potatoes
About 1 1/2 cups chicken stock, divided
2 cloves peeled garlic
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup warm milk
Optional: grated Parmesan or chopped fresh chives
1. Clean cauliflower by removing stems and leaves, then wash well and break into 1-inch florets and set aside.
2. Wash and peel potatoes then cut into 1-inch cubes and place into pot of cold salted water. Bring to a simmer.
3. In a small saucepan, add chicken stock and garlic. Bring to a simmer then turn down heat. Be especially careful if using canned chicken stock as it will become too salty if you reduce it.
4. When potatoes are tender, drain well and place in mixing bowl with whip attachment. Add butter, salt and pepper.
5. Remove garlic from chicken stock and discard. Begin mixing potatoes and add warm milk. Then slowly pour stock a little at a time into whipping potatoes until you achieve desired consistency. Save the rest for the cauliflower.
6. Add cauliflower to a pot of boiling water and boil until tender. Drain well, put in a food processor with ¼ cup stock and purée the mixture. Stop and scrape down the bowl, then add a little more stock if needed and continue to purée. Only add as much as needed to achieve mashed potato texture; don't let it get soupy.
7. Blend cauliflower and potatoes together in a large bowl with a large spoon or whip. Add remaining chicken stock, a little at a time, if needed to get the proper texture. If no other stock is needed refrigerate the remaining stock for another use.
8. Add optional cheese or chives if desired
9. Check for seasonings, and add more salt and pepper if needed.
Note: Cream can be used in place of chicken stock.
From Tom Dillard, Seattle Culinary Academy at Seattle Central Community College
Furniture & home furnishings
Bellevue Public Schools Notice to Bidders N...
City of Clyde Hill Summary of Ordinance No....
City of Duvall Public Hearing
POST A FREE LISTING