Glazed Blueberry Pound Cake
Makes 8 to 10 servings 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus 2 tablespoons, divided 1 teaspoon baking powder 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon...
Makes 8 to 10 servings 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 cup apple juice, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
1 1/2 cups blueberries
2/3 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a loaf pan with cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the 1 ¾ cups flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. One at a time with the mixer on low, add the eggs and mix well. Add the lemon juice and 1/2 cup of apple juice, then mix well.
4. Add the dry ingredients and mix on low until just mixed.
5. Place the blueberries in a medium bowl and dust with the remaining 2 tablespoons of flour, tossing to coat them evenly (this helps keep them from sinking to the bottom). Add the berries to the batter, discarding any excess flour that does not adhere to the berries.
6. Use a rubber spatula to gently fold the berries into the batter. Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan. Bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted at the center of the load comes out dry.
7. Cool the pound cake in the pan for 15 minutes, then remove it and cool on a rack for 1 hour.
8. In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and remaining 2 tablespoons of apple juice. Cut the cake into thick slices and arrange on a platter. Drizzle the glaze over the slices.
From J.M. Hirsch, The Associated Press
NEW - 10:07 AM
Obese people asked to eat fast food for health study
NEW - 7:00 PM
Wine Adviser: Some good Washington wineries got away
Furniture & home furnishings
Bothell (WA) Moving Boxes Seattle Moving Ki...
King County DPER Notice of Land Use Permit ...
Klein James 7th Annual Discovery Auction Th...
POST A FREE LISTING