Recipe: Parmesan Crusted Halibut with Roasted Garlic Butter
2 halibut fillets (6 to 8 ounces each)
1 teaspoon water
Salt and pepper
2 tablespoons oil
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (or enough to cover the fish)
Roasted Garlic butter (see Note)
5-6 cloves of roasted garlic
½ cup butter, softened
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees. Grease glass baking dish and set aside.
2. In a shallow pan or bowl, whisk eggs with water, salt and pepper. Dip halibut fillets into the egg mixture. Then dip fish into the grated Parmesan and coat all surfaces.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a skillet. When pan is hot, lay fillets in pan and brown each side (brown one side a little more) until crust has formed. With a spatula, gently transfer halibut to a baking dish with the browner side up. Place in the oven and bake approximately 10 minutes or until halibut flakes easily. (Baking time will depend on the thickness of the fillets.)
4. To make garlic butter, combine 5 or 6 cloves of roasted garlic with ½ cup softened butter.
5. Plate halibut and top with a dollop of roasted garlic butter.
Note: To roast garlic: Heat oven to 375 degrees. Take off some of the white paper skin on the outside of the bulb, leaving a layer of white skin on the head and on the individual cloves. Cut the top off the head, exposing the cloves. Place head on a piece of foil, and pour 1 or 2 teaspoons of olive oil over the cloves. Close foil packet and put into a small baking dish. Roast 45 to 60 minutes or until soft and golden.
From Angelo's of Burien
Copyright © 2008 The Seattle Times Company
NEW - 10:07 AM
Obese people asked to eat fast food for health study
NEW - 7:00 PM
Wine Adviser: Some good Washington wineries got away
Furniture & home furnishings
2002 Bayliner 37 - 330 hp Cummings, 1070 hr...
A LIONEL train sale
AKC Point Lab Pups
POST A FREE LISTING