Recipe: Oven-Braised Cod with Leeks, Fennel and Peppers
2 large leeks, white part only
4 Anaheim chilies, stemmed, seeded and thinly sliced
2 medium fennel bulbs, stalks and leaves removed, bulbs coarsely chopped
1 medium clove garlic, peeled and minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 can (14 ½ ounces) whole tomatoes, undrained
1/8 to ¼ teaspoon salt
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
¼ cup chopped fresh basil
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves or ¾ teaspoon dried thyme
1-1/3 pounds Pacific cod fillet, cut into 4 pieces
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
Rice, couscous or French bread for serving
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Slice the leeks down the length and wash well to remove any grit. Slice thinly crosswise. Prepare the chilies, fennel and garlic.
2. In a large (10- to 12-inch) skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. When hot, add the vegetables and garlic; sauté 10 minutes.
3. Break up the tomatoes and add with the juices to the vegetables; stir in salt, pepper, basil and thyme. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer 5 minutes.
4. Lay the fish in the pan, spooning some of the vegetables over the top. Cover and bake in the preheated oven 15 minutes or until the fish tests done; it should flake in large chunks.
5. Sprinkle the fish with the parsley. Serve with rice, couscous or French bread to soak up the juices.
Data per serving:
Saturated fat 1g
Monounsaturated fat 3g
Polyunsaturated fat 1g
Adapted from "Great Feasts without Fuss" by Frances McCullough and Barbara Witt
Furniture & home furnishings
*LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION* Unique Restaur...
AKC GERMAN SHEPHERD PUPPIES
Allah Stainless Steel Necklace
POST A FREE LISTING