Recipe: Banana Spice Bread
One 9-by-5-inch loaf (12 pieces)
Nonstick cooking spray
½ cup vegetable oil
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup light brown sugar
3 tablespoons low-fat milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup mashed bananas (2 large ripe bananas)
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. If using a silicone 9-by-5-inch loaf pan, lightly brush the inside with melted butter; place on a sturdy baking sheet. If using a metal or glass pan, lightly spray with cooking spray, and line the bottom of the pan with a piece of parchment paper cut to fit. Spray again with cooking spray and set aside.
2. With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together oil, granulated sugar, brown sugar, milk, vanilla and bananas until blended and creamy, about 3 minutes.
3. Sift together the flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, salt, soda and baking powder. With the mixer running, slowly add the dry ingredients to the sugar mixture, beating just until thoroughly combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl during the mixing. Stir in the nuts.
4. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan. Bake about 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
5. Let the bread cool in the pan 5 minutes on a cooling rack before removing from the pan. For silicone pans, loosen the sides simply by pulling away from the bread, then press from the bottom of the pan. For other pans, loosen sides by running a knife around the edge, then unmold. Remove the parchment paper and let cool completely before slicing.
Furniture & home furnishings
AKC Miniature Pinscher Puppies
Amended Notice to Creditors for Ronald L. K...
City of Bothell Request for Statement of Qu...
POST A FREE LISTING