Recipe: Pumpkin Tart with Gingersnap Crust
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ½ cup fine gingersnap crumbs
-2 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 ounces light cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 ¼ cups whipping cream
-2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: 2 tablespoons minced sugared or candied ginger (See Kitchen Note)
1. To prepare the crust: Combine butter and powdered sugar in a food processor until creamy. Add the flour, gingersnap crumbs, water and vanilla. Process until the dough starts to hold together. (It does not need to form a ball.)
2. Spray a 9-inch removable-bottom tart pan with cooking spray. Press the dough into the pan and freeze for 30 minutes, or refrigerate overnight. Pierce the bottom with a fork in several places. Place on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 350-degree oven 25 minutes. Cool on a rack.
3. To prepare the filling: Combine the cream cheese, pumpkin, eggs, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg in a food processor and process until smooth. Pour into the crust and bake in a preheated 350-degree oven 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool. Remove the sides of the pan and place on a plate. Cover loosely and refrigerate.
4. To prepare the topping: Whip the cream with the powdered sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Spoon into a pastry bag and pipe rosettes over the entire surface of the tart. (Or simply swirl the cream on top with a knife.) Sprinkle with the sugared ginger, if desired, and serve.
Times Kitchen Note: Sugared ginger can usually be found in the Asian food section of major grocery stores.
Furniture & home furnishings
AFFORDABLE TREE REMOVAL Plumbing Problems?/...
AKC Golden Retriever English Creme White sh...
POST A FREE LISTING