Recipe: Roasted Cipolline Onions with Fig Balsamic Vinegar
Serves 8 to 10
- 1 ½ pounds cipolline onions
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fig balsamic vinegar
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Optional: ¼ cup blanched slivered almonds, toasted
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil, add the whole, unpeeled onions and blanch 2 minutes. Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water. Cut a thin slice from the tops of the onions; cut in half from pole to pole; peel.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread onions in a single layer in a baking dish; drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar over the top of the onions and season with salt. Toss to mix. Roast about 45 minutes, stirring once, or until very tender. Toss with toasted almonds and a little black pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.
From "Italian Slow and Savory" by Joyce Goldstein
Furniture & home furnishings
ADOPTION: At-Home Mom Financially Secure Fa...
AKC Imperial Shih Tzu Puppies
Barn Sale - Handmade, belts, holsters, purs...
POST A FREE LISTING