Recipe: Cherry-Sauced Ham
- 1 (5-pound) fully cooked boneless ham
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup dry sherry
- 1 cup cherry spread or cherry jam
- 2 teaspoons pink peppercorns (see Times Kitchen Note *)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 8 tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces (see Times Kitchen Note **)
1. Remove ham from refrigerator 1 hour before baking. Place on a rack in a roasting pan and rub with mustard. Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven until the internal temperature reaches 140 degrees on a meat thermometer.
2. In a medium saucepan, bring sherry to a boil and reduce for about 2 minutes. Add cherry spread, peppercorns and cloves; bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in butter a little at a time to thicken the sauce.
3. Slice the ham and nap with some of the sauce. Serve with the remaining sauce.
Times Kitchen Notes:
*Freeze-dried green peppercorns can be substituted for the pink peppercorns in this recipe. Or simply add freshly ground black pepper to taste to the finished sauce.
** The butter can be reduced by half in this recipe.
From Stewart Vineyards
Furniture & home furnishings
10 F1b GOLDENDOODLE PUPS AVAILABLE NOW from...
2 Beautiful healthy Birds
3 Piece Living Room Furniture
POST A FREE LISTING