Recipe: Hot Salsa-Baked Cheese Dip
Serves 6 to 8
- ¼ cup pine nuts or coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans
- 3 ounces plain fresh goat cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 ounces Colby cheese, grated (see Note)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- Tortilla chips or pita chips for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spread the nuts on a baking sheet and toast them in the oven until lightly browned and very fragrant, 7 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl.
3. Add the cheeses to the bowl and combine thoroughly with the nuts. Scoop cheese mixture into the center of a baking dish, such as a decorative 9-inch pie plate, and form into a 5-inch disk. Spoon salsa over and around the cheese.
4. Bake until heated through, about 10 to 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve as a dip or spread with tortilla chips or pita crisps.
Note: The original recipe contained 4 ounces goat cheese. We replaced some of it with Colby.
Slightly adapted from "The 150 Best American Recipes" compiled by Fran McCullough & Molly Stevens; original recipe from El Mundo de Frontera newsletter by Rick Bayless
Furniture & home furnishings
*LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION* Unique Restaur...
AKC GERMAN SHEPHERD PUPPIES
Allah Stainless Steel Necklace
POST A FREE LISTING