Recipe: Sweet and Spicy Pecans
Makes 3 cups
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups pecan halves
- ½ cup firmly packed light-brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons good quality chili powder
- ¾ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon kosher salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and set a rack in the middle level.
2. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add pecans and sauté, stirring, until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Stir in brown sugar and cook, stirring, until lightly caramelized. Stir in cumin, chili powder and paprika. Add vinegar and cook, stirring until all the liquid has evaporated. Season with salt to taste.
3. Spread pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake until crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Let cool, then store in an airtight container at room temperature until ready to serve.
From "The 150 Best American Recipes" compiled by Fran McCullough & Molly Stevens; original recipe from "New Tastes of Texas" by Stephan Pyles
Furniture & home furnishings
Abandoned Vehicle Sale November 28, 2014 at...
Bibles - Family heirloom. Stolen from stora...
Football Jerseys - 35 kids size 30 adult si...
POST A FREE LISTING