|Traffic | Weather | Your account||Movies | Restaurants | Today's events|
Recipe: Trader Vic's Crab Rangoon
- 1/2 cup fresh cooked crabmeat, drained and chopped
- ½ pound cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ teaspoon A-1 Steak Sauce
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder 3 dozen wonton wrappers
- 1 egg yolk, well beaten
- Vegetable oil, for deep frying
- Chinese mustard
- Chinese red sauce
1. Combine crabmeat with cream cheese, steak sauce and garlic powder in a medium bowl and blend to a paste. Refrigerate if not using right away.
3. Heat oven to 200 degrees. Line a baking sheet with paper towels. Heat oil in wok, deep fryer or electric skillet to 375 degrees. Add wontons in batches and fry until golden brown, turning often, about 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon to prepared baking sheet and place in warm oven while frying the remaining wontons. Serve hot with Chinese mustard and/or red sauce for dipping.
From Trader Vic's
Copyright © 2006 The Seattle Times Company