Recipe: Roasted Potatoes with Truffle Oil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Scrub potatoes and cut into quarters or into equal-sized pieces. Put into a large bowl and toss with olive oil, 1 tablespoon truffle ...
Makes 8 to 10 servings- 3 pounds medium red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon plus
- 2 teaspoons truffle oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh herbs (such as rosemary and thyme)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Scrub potatoes and cut into quarters or into equal-sized pieces. Put into a large bowl and toss with olive oil, 1 tablespoon truffle oil and salt.
2. Spray a large, shallow baking dish with cooking spray. (The dish should be large enough to hold the potatoes in a single layer.) Transfer potatoes to dish, using a rubber spatula to scrape all of the oil and salt out of the bowl. Roast potatoes 30 minutes. Stir and turn with a wide spatula, then continue roasting 25 minutes. Stir in herbs and roast another 5 minutes. Potatoes should be very tender and lightly browned.
3. Remove potatoes from oven and toss with remaining 2 teaspoons truffle oil. Serve hot.
Note: Even though the potatoes may be tender after 40 minutes, continue cooking for the full hour. The secret is to allow the potatoes to release water, which should then have time to evaporate and brown the potatoes.
Adapted from www.whatscookingamerica.net
Furniture & home furnishings
A LIONEL train sale
AKC German Shepherd Puppies - Black/tan/red...
POST A FREE LISTING