Happy Holidoodles! Test your smarts with our Northwest trivia and puzzles
The Seattle Times and Classical KING FM 98.1 treat readers to some happy holidoodles.
Today’s crossword and trivia quiz were contributed by Classical KING FM 98.1, the Northwest’s leading classical radio station, providing classical Christmas music on the radio and online through Dec. 25.
1. Name a Seattle church with the word “unit” in its name that is performing a sing-a-long “Messiah” this holiday season.
2. How many horses does the Holiday Carousel in Westlake Park have?
3. How many swinedeer (modeled after Rachel the golden piggy bank) are on the roof of Pike Place Market during the holidays?
4. Name the famous holiday chorus composed by Beethoven that will be performed by Seattle Symphony, Dec. 28-30.
5. What can you feed the reindeer at Cougar Mountain Zoo’s annual Issaquah Reindeer Festival?
6. Name the choir that sings on the Argosy ship in the finale of the annual Christmas Ship Festival on Sunday, Dec. 23?
7. What is the actual name of the Seattle street that is transformed into “Candy Cane Lane” each holiday season?
8. What is the key ingredient in the traditional English holiday dessert for which the Great Figgy Pudding Street-Corner Caroling Competition is named?
9. How many roles are in Pacific Northwest Ballet’s “Nutcracker”?
10. How many lights are used to illuminate the Garden d’Lights at Bellevue Botanical Garden?
11. When was the Bon Marche (now Macy’s) Christmas star first lit on the corner of Pine Street and Third Avenue?
12. The tallest Christmas tree ever cut and displayed in a shopping mall was in the Pacific Northwest. Which mall?