It worked at USC for Pete Carroll
Twitter followers of Times reporter Danny O'Neil posted examples of things that worked for Pete Carroll at USC but might not go over as well with the Seahawks.
Seattle Times NFL reporter
Pete Carroll is returning to the NFL after a nine-year term at USC that ranks as one of the most dominant runs in college-football history. So what keys to collegiate success might not translate?
Times reporter Danny O'Neil posted that question via Twitter, and got the following responses using the hashtag #ItworkedatUSC:
• Inquired about the possibility of designating St. Louis Rams as next year's homecoming opponent. (Danny O'Neil, The Seattle Times)
• Pete Carroll has petitioned the NFL for rights to all five-star prospects in this year's draft. (Jim Breitenbucher, Seattle)
• Requested an AP vote on NFL champion following Super Bowl. (Jason Chambers, Seattle)
• Called the New Orleans Saints to ask about buying out 2010 road game at New Orleans. (Jerry Brewer, The Seattle Times)
• Hopes to sign free-agent running backs Ronnie Brown, Pierre Thomas, Cadillac Williams and Darren Sproles. All of 'em. (JayJayDean)
• Thanked the previous staff for redshirting Deon Butler. (Brian McIntyre, Boston)
• Pete Carroll is banking on sunshine and half-naked college coeds to lure talent. (Erin Hatzi, Portland)
• Instructed the Blue Thunder band to play "Fight On!" after every Seahawks play. (Dan Frohlich)
• Pete Carroll plans to spend month before the draft in living room of defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh, recruiting him. (Danny O'Neil, The Seattle Times)
• Petitioned NFL for medical redshirt for Walter Jones. (John Boyle, The Everett Herald)
• Asked Will Ferrell to give a motivational speech in his underwear and a superhero outfit at the first practice. (Jason Maier, Seattle)
• Asked the Sea Gals get renamed the Song Girls for recruiting purposes. (Tim Booth, The Associated Press)
• Called the Kansas City Chiefs to ask about 2-for-1 series (Two at Seattle for one at K.C.). (Danny O'Neil, The Seattle Times)
About Danny O'Neil
Danny O'Neil will comment on issues, events and personalities in the NFL. His column will appear on Sundays during the regular season. He also posts most days on the Seahawks Blog.
email@example.com | 206-464-2364
(Toyota) Lexus RC F GT3 Offering 540 horsepower, this racing concept debuted this week at the Geneva auto show. The car is based on the Lexus RC F per...
Post a comment