Skip to main content
Advertising

Originally published March 21, 2013 at 10:32 AM | Page modified March 21, 2013 at 12:48 PM

  • Share:
           
  • Comments (1)
  • Print

Reuters editor says he did not conspire in hack

A Reuters social media editor accused of conspiring with hackers to deface a Los Angeles Times story has posted a statement on Facebook saying he did not commit the crimes he's accused of.

The Associated Press

Most Popular Comments
Hide / Show comments
Well, if he claims he's innocent on Facebook, it must be true...the internet is a... MORE

advertising

LOS ANGELES —

A Reuters social media editor accused of conspiring with hackers to deface a Los Angeles Times story has posted a statement on Facebook saying he did not commit the crimes he's accused of.

Federal prosecutors say 26-year-old Matthew Keys provided the hacking group Anonymous with login information to access the computer system of The Tribune Co., the Times' parent company.

According to the indictment handed down last week, a hacker altered a Times article posted in December 2010.

Keys posted on Facebook late Wednesday that he "did not give a username and a password to anyone." He also says he did not conspire to damage a protected computer or cause transmission of malicious code, as the indictment states.

Reuters hired Keys in 2012. He has been suspended from his job.

News where, when and how you want it

Email Icon

The Seattle Times Historical Archives

Browse our newspaper page archives from 1900-1984


Advertising
The Seattle Times

The door is closed, but it's not locked.

Take a minute to subscribe and continue to enjoy The Seattle Times for as little as 99 cents a week.

Subscription options ►

Already a subscriber?

We've got good news for you. Unlimited seattletimes.com content access is included with most subscriptions.

Subscriber login ►