Where to find information on simplified pensions
Several websites offer a range of information and forms related to an IRA-based SEP. Here are a few.
McClatchy-Tribune News Service
A simplified employee pension, or SEP, can provide small businesses and self-employed individuals with a tax-deductible and tax-deferred way to save for retirement.
Several websites offer a range of information and forms related to an IRA-based SEP. Here is a sampling:
• Financial Web: Discusses pros and cons of simplified employee pension plans. www.finweb.com/retirement/simplified-employee-pension-plans---pros-and-cons.html
• Internal Revenue Service: Covers frequently asked questions regarding simplified employee pension plans. irs.gov/Retirement-Plans/Retirement-Plans-FAQs-regarding-SEPs
• Investopedia: Provides overview of SEP plan eligibility, contributions and distributions. investopedia.com/university/retirementplans/sepira/
• TIAA CREF: Overview of how a SEP plan works and its advantages. tiaa-cref.org/public/advice-planning/education/saving-for-retirement/understanding-iras/sep(UNDERSCORE)ira/
• U.S. Department of Labor: Spotlights various aspects of a SEP plan, including how to establish and operate a plan. dol.gov/ebsa/publications/SEPPlans.html