New Gates grants for agriculture
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation's new agriculture grants: • $164.5 million to the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa...
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation's new agriculture grants:
• $164.5 million to the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) to revitalize soils, boosting incomes of 4 million farmers through increases in crop yields
• $46.9 million to TechnoServe to help East African farmers double their incomes by improving coffee quality and reaching new buyers
• $42.8 million to Heifer International to help dairy farmers in East Africa double their incomes by improving quality of milk and farm productivity
• $27 million to International Development Enterprises (IDE) to increase farmer income in India by developing low-cost micro-irrigation systems and creating private-sector supply chains
• $19.8 million to the International Rice Research Institute to develop improved rice varieties that can withstand drought, flooding, salt and cold
• $5.2 million to CARE to help farmers in Bangladesh increase their incomes through better milk-production systems, including animal care, milk chilling and transportation
Copyright © 2008 The Seattle Times Company
UPDATE - 09:46 AM
Exxon Mobil wins ruling in Alaska oil spill case
UPDATE - 09:32 AM
Bank stocks push indexes higher; oil prices dip
UPDATE - 08:04 AM
Ford CEO Mulally gets $56.5M in stock award
UPDATE - 07:54 AM
Underwater mortgages rise as home prices fall
NEW - 09:43 AM
Warner Bros. to offer movie rentals on Facebook
Furniture & home furnishings
** ~ AKC BlockHeadRed Golden Retriever Pupp...
Adorable tiny Maltipoo Xmas girls!
AKC Golden babies!!!
POST A FREE LISTING