An eclectic lineup is coming to Bumbershoot's literary stages
David Cross, S.E. Hinton, Tom Douglas, Spencer Moody, Melvin Van Peebles and the screenwriters of the TV show "Lost" will appear on the literary stages at this year's Bumbershoot, Seattle's end-of-summer music and arts festival.
Seattle Times Arts & Life editor
Screenwriters, rappers, celebrity chefs, comedians and some authors who write honest-to-gosh novels will appear on Bumbershoot's literary stages this year. Highlights of the extensive literary lineup include:
• David Cross, stand-up comedian and TV actor ("Arrested Development"), whose first book, "I Drink for a Reason," is due in August.
• Carlton Cuse, Eddy Kitsis and Adam Horowitz, three of the writers behind the hit TV series "Lost."
• Prometheus Brown, aka Geologic of Seattle's hip-hop duo Blue Scholars, who appears with an array of young, local poets.
• Tom Douglas, the chef behind Dahlia Lounge, Palace Kitchen and other popular Seattle eateries, with Kathleen Flinn, author of "The Sharper Your Knife, the Less You Cry."
• S.E. Hinton, famed author of teen classics "The Outsiders" and "Rumble Fish."
• Spencer Moody, of the storied Seattle band Murder City Devils, hosting a group of spoken-word artists.
• Melvin Van Peebles, presenting his most recent film and graphic-novel project, "Confessions of a Ex-Doofus-ItchyFooted Mutha."
Bumbershoot takes place Sept. 5-7 at Seattle Center. For updates on the music and arts lineup, and ticket information, go to www.bumbershoot.org.
Copyright © 2009 The Seattle Times Company
Furniture & home furnishings
** ~ AKC BlockHeadRed Golden Retriever Pupp...
Adorable tiny Maltipoo Xmas girls!
AKC Female Shih Tzu Puppy
POST A FREE LISTING