Boeing Live Event Coverage
Video promotes Washington state aerospace at the Farnborough Air Show
Showing daily on the big Jumbotron screen at a prominent spot beside the airplanes on display at the Farnborough Air Show is a one-minute video ad for Washington state's aerospace industry.
The Washington State Department of Commerce and Governor Gregoire's aerospace office, headed by executive director Alex Pietsch, produced the marketing video, which is also on youtube.
As you might guess, the star footage features Boeing. Its airplanes, including the 787 flying daily at the Show, are the best possible marketing ads for Washington aerospace.
(Right and on the jump, screen shots from the video.)
The video, shown hourly in rotation with other promotional pieces, showcases Washington state as a global aerospace leader with 700 aerospace companies employing 92,000 skilled workers and 6,550 engineers, and annually producing 1,200 aircraft and unmanned aerial vehicles.
- Boeing employment data
- Boeing financial reports
- Boeing orders and deliveries database
- Airbus orders and deliveries database
- European Aeronautics Defense and Space Company
- Federal Aviation Administration
- Pacific Northwest Aerospace Alliance
- State aerospace companies: 2006 wage and job data
- Flightaware live flight tracking
- Flight International airplane cutaway graphics
- Live Air Traffic Control audio feeds
- Paine Field Everett daily photo record
- Renton & Boeing Field photos