Boeing Live Event Coverage
Boeing Renton production drive crucial to the MAX: a key focus at Farnborough Air Show
The Farnborough Air Show is expected to sustain Boeing's momentum in sales of its forthcoming 737 MAX. It's begun already: On Friday, three days ahead of the official opening of the Show, Virgin America finalized a firm order for 23 MAXs.
But Boeing can only sell them if it can make enough of them.
In a pre-Farnborough media tour, Boeing revealed new details of its impressive expansion plans inside the Renton plant. Below is the second of the two current assembly lines, which is being extended.
Boeing also showed us its innovative wing line but was so protective of its proprietary detail that photographers were not allowed to shoot pictures.
How many 737s does Boeing plan to churn out from Renton?
Here's a graphic showing the extensive reshaping of the plant.
- Boeing employment data
- Boeing financial reports
- Boeing orders and deliveries database
- Airbus orders and deliveries database
- European Aeronautics Defense and Space Company
- Federal Aviation Administration
- Pacific Northwest Aerospace Alliance
- State aerospace companies: 2006 wage and job data
- Flightaware live flight tracking
- Flight International airplane cutaway graphics
- Live Air Traffic Control audio feeds
- Paine Field Everett daily photo record
- Renton & Boeing Field photos