The Seattle Times

1 of 2
TRAVIS MORISSE / AP
Advertising

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Kansas baby who swallowed feather out of hospital

This Dec. 11, 2012 photo shows 6-month-old Mya Whittington in Hutchinson, Kan. The marked area on the neck of Whittington shows the size of the original swollen infected area that was caused by a feather that she ingested from a feather pillow. The feather made its exit through a swollen infected pimple looking area about one-and-one-half the size of a golf ball on her neck.